i found this bridge on ebay for 46$
decently cheap but will this work on a regular electric bass and sound decent? because it says its a piezo pickup acoustic?

its probaly going on a crappy p bass replica that im fixing up

i think it would baffle people looking at me playing a bass without pickups

any help is greatly apreciated
-steve
Quote by smb
Further proof, if proof were needed, that Bill Gates planned 9/11 with Elvis.
its just basicly for looks
im just wondering it it would work
Quote by smb
Quote by budget bassist
No, why would you buy a piezo bridge for an acoustic guitar for your p bass?

its doesnt say its for an acoustic guitar if its for looks and dont mind spending that amount the go ahead
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
it says it has an acoustic sound
Quote by smb
Quote by smb
Quote by the_baker
i think it would baffle people looking at me playing a bass without pickups

I'd do it just for that.
Nope, no sig here.
I was considering that exact bridge for my fretless custom, but the guy told me that it requires a preamp. It's useless by itself.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
I was considering that exact bridge for my fretless custom, but the guy told me that it requires a preamp. It's useless by itself.

thanks for telling me i would have been pissed if i had bought it and found out later
i might save up some extra cash and probably buy a preamp to go along with it at some point
Quote by smb
I think youll need an onboard preamp for that.
If you do get it I want pics.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
An acoustic bass preamp would work fine, wouldn't it? Shouldn't be too hard to find a cheap one...
Nope, no sig here.
I've been looking at the same bridge too, thinking about equiping my fretless with it. There are some really simple preamp circuits available on the net, and if I muster up the nerve to buy the bridge I'll just build a preamp.

I bet an extrenal preamp/di box would boost the signal fine too, but of course the piezo would be way off balance compared to any magnetic pups you have on there.

edit* no need to "jump on it" the same bridge has been available from the same ebay store for the same price for months and months. The "deal" isn't going to go away.
From your original post i thought you meant it was for an acoustic bass. It looks pretty cool either way and i suppose it will give you a bit more tonal variation. Looks like it might add some sustain too, it looks pretty substantial. Go for it if you can figure the wiring out (not too hard) and get a preamp (artec do some good cheap ones)