I am in the slow process of building a guitar rig designed for playing industrial on very low-tuned guitars, like c# or b. The only thing for sure is i'm about to purchase a mesa/boogie strategy power amp. I was thinking of going with a midi controled preamp of some kind with built in effects so i can quickly switch between textures, but i have no clue where to begin.
Quote by zaphod42
really? no opinions

Why that choice of power amp? Are you bent on building a rack rig? Have you looked into Midi controllers and switching systems? Why a preamp with onboard effects as opposed to a good preamp and a good effects unit?

Two rig suggestions:

Tech21 SansAmp PSA1.1
TC Electronics G-Major
Power Amp
Power Conditioner
Rocktron Midi Mate
Rocktron Hex
One of those Randall cabs with two 12's and one 15 in them

Or:

Fractal Audio AxeFX
Power Amp
Power Conditioner
Rocktron Midi Mate
Rocktron Hex
One of those Randall cabs with two 12's and one 15 in them
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
that choice of power amp because i have a chance to get it for 300, and it sounds great. I've played through it. As for the built in effect thing, i'm trying to keep costs down wherever i can. I love using single effects pedals, but seprate midi setups are expensive so bypassing that step seems economical
C# isn't low. fyi.

what would you be running the preamp through?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
i have very limited knowledge when it comes to rack based rigs so that may not be the answer you were looking for