Page 1 of 2
*FINISHED*
I finished weeks ao, but only got round to taking pics today
[

Last edited by supergerbil at Jun 10, 2009,
do the jigsaw patern but only the lines dont coulour them in, it will look mad, casue you got a jigsaw and nice looking wood
that will be awesome, and i think it would look great with a alternating pattern if you decide to colour in the jigsaw pattern
I'm Luke.
Nice, I think the cutaway is a bit sharp, but the pattern will be amazing.

I'll be watching this build!
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by Datrooper
that will be awesome, and i think it would look great with a alternating pattern if you decide to colour in the jigsaw pattern

yeah, I was planning on alternating squares of walnut and maple, but the wood is just too nice to cover

Will probably inlay a single piece near the bottom left, maybe mop.
Here are photos. Sorry about the low quality, I'll take some better ones when I have my camera.

Like the grain on the ash? I love it

And is a spokeshave the best tool ever or what?

^Pickup cavities being drilled
looking good
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
love that ash! How much did it set you back if you dont mind me asking?
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
ash looks very nice!
Are you going to do my idea? Have you even seen it, its like the 1st post or something
I'm not putting a kahler on. I'm using a jazzmaster trem.

The ash cost £30

^And yes I've seen your idea. I'm seriously considering it. I can use the laser cutter to engrave the lines.
Leave the ash there but stain the pieces in an alternating pattern. Not too dark, just enough to be easily distinguishable from other pieces
ohh laser cutting....

i'd round the little laser cutting carves out so it would be smooooooth
Hate teles, but thats a sweet lower horn!

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
man, that cutaway stretches to next week!
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
You should consider making your puzzle pieces different shapes instead of just that one over and over again.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
MOAR PICS, sorry, please, this looks like a really cool build, don't stuff it up
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by drewsta42
You should consider making your puzzle pieces different shapes instead of just that one over and over again.

That would be complex, but it would be worth it, it would look amazing
I'm Luke.
This is my favorite project I've encountered here. Nice work, dude, from concept to execution... and as I understand it the hard part's done
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
Cheers. And it's really time consuming without a router, not necessarily hard as such. The hardest bit was probably thinning the heel for the neck plate with a gouge or doing the neck pocket.
Last edited by supergerbil at Feb 11, 2009,
make the pics smaller lol
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by godofshred
okay..im confused at how you managed to make such a neck (esp out of cocobolo)..but yet the body and routes arent of near craftsmanship?

The body routs look like they were all done with the drill press. That usually looks pretty messy until you finish it off with the router. Makes the bits last longer i think, and its easier than routing it all out.
Quote by littlephil
The body routs look like they were all done with the drill press. That usually looks pretty messy until you finish it off with the router. Makes the bits last longer i think, and its easier than routing it all out.

no, this wasnt me questioning..this was me implying.
i build myself and am quite competant..

i usually forstner bit them out..but then clean them off with a router or chisel aswell..but i know for a fact that the chiseling isnt clean.
also, the cutting lines on the body..just looks off and messy.
sorry to the TS, but things just dont add up.
Well he didnt actually say that HE built the neck.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
I never said I built the neck. In fact, I already made a thread telling of how I purchased it from Musikraft.

And godofshred: Firstly, I haven't finished shaping. You can see rasp marks in all my photos. Secondly, I have no router. I used a mortice chisel and a forstener bit for everything. And how do you know the chiselling isn't clean. If your talking about the tearing out of the grain in some photos, that's mainly due to wood

And what cutting lines? If your refering to the low quality pics, that was soon after sawing.
Quote by supergerbil
I never said I built the neck. In fact, I already made a thread telling of how I purchased it from Musikraft.

explains it all, thought you were trying to say it was made

And godofshred: Firstly, I haven't finished shaping. You can see rasp marks in all my photos. Secondly, I have no router. I used a mortice chisel and a forstener bit for everything. And how do you know the chiselling isn't clean. If your talking about the tearing out of the grain in some photos, that's mainly due to wood

And what cutting lines? If your refering to the low quality pics, that was soon after sawing.

and i know the chiselling isnt clean because i chisel some of the pockets on mine and theyre neater
not meaning to be a dick..just had to clarify if it was made or bought
It's ok. You just sounded a bit abrasive in your first posts.

This thread has good quality neck pictures in I took

It's my first build, and I know the neck pocket is rather bad if that is what you are referring to. Waiting till I get a gouge for doing the corners (The one I got is way too big). All the cavities will be covered, so it shouldn't affect the overall look. Hopefully, when I'm done, the edges should look nice (after more rasps/spokeshaves, files, glass paper and scrapers).
Last edited by supergerbil at Feb 15, 2009,
hows about getting a section cut from a block..so a 90* L shape..but with a softened inner corner..and use that to round off the edges.

so its more of an L on the outside, but a soft curve on the inside
sticking some tape to that and running round the edges will give a more uniform curve
Oh, I see, to smooth the edges uniformly. Cheers for that. Cheap to do and would give great results. I'll make one soon.
Quote by supergerbil
Oh, I see, to smooth the edges uniformly. Cheers for that. Cheap to do and would give great results. I'll make one soon.

no problem

for the back tummy cut, try getting your hands on a belt sander (bosch do good ones for under £100) and use the end with its cylinder to contour and shape the back
Actually, I already got that done with a convex spokeshave and with a bastard cut rasp first
Page 1 of 2