I was thinkin about buyin a Tube amp to use for gigs... Half stack i was thinkin...

I play pretty heavy stuff, usually on a 7 string tuned in, something like a drop A (ADADGBE or standard), so i use pretty thick distortion. I do also play melodic clean stuff with a phaser or flanger/chorus...

I don't really know much about tube amps but i've heard that marshalls are the best, i've just been using solid state roland's and line 6's... Any thoughts on my next purchase?
Marshalls are not the best, it's a matter of preference. How much is your budget?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
marshall's are the jack of all trades. they do everything well. however, have a look at the more metal brands like ENGL. have a play in shops.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
mesa's ,Krank's & peaveys are all better for metal
(maybe the marshall kerry king JCM800)
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
I've heard wonderful things about Diezel amps as well if you've got 4gs to blow on one.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
you should check out these amps if you can afford them. Bogner uberschall, Krank Revolution + , Engl Fireball, Mesa/Boogie Mark IV, or EVH 5150.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
budget...less than 800... Everyone's talkin about Mesa's... I read a review on a roadking half-stack, but the reviewer said that the head kept shutting down randomly because the fan wouldnt run. I'm looking for something with power tho, that can take crazy distortion and lows, but also good for solos... in a half stack model or suggest a cab and a head...
if you're really wanting a halfstack, you're gonna want to save some more. You wont find much in the way of good tube heads for that much, unless you get lucky looking used.
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
Orange amps are good choice too if you that SLipknot tone nad the Valveking is not the best amp in the world.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
i never said it was the best i asked how was it... yeah i like slipknot... a lot...
Id suggest a tiny terror
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Do your self a favor and try and find a dealer near you that carries Traynor amps (from Canada.) You might be surprised about the value/performance. And you can buy them on eBay new for $200-300 less than list.
1999 Gibson LP R9
2006 Tele John Cruz Masterbuilt
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2008 PRS SC-J Thinline Black Cherry/Bigsby (for sale)
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
how big of gigs do you play? you may not need a half stack tube amp, even though you want one, because of costs it would be hard to find one thats good in this price range.

if you think a combo would do it for you we could probably give a few suggestions for that.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
http://delaware.craigslist.org/msg/909034069.html Peavey Ultra Combo - $350, 60 watts.
http://delaware.craigslist.org/msg/943264087.html Laney LC50 Combo - asking $699? Seems a bit high... But the JSX head they have is $1250, there is a cab for $350 - peavey.
You aren't going to find a great halfstack with $800, IMO.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
If that's your price range and it really can't go up (which if you want to get something really nice it'll have to) but in that price bracket I recommend Bugera amps. The combo will have MORE than enough volume, I shudder at the thought of how loud one of the halfstacks are. They're really great amps for the price.

If you can afford to put some more cash into it I'd look at Mesa, maybe a higher gain marshall, ENGL, Krank if you like REALLY heavy gain. ENGL powerball's are insanely versatile.
Quote by gregs1020
http://delaware.craigslist.org/msg/909034069.html Peavey Ultra Combo - $350, 60 watts.
http://delaware.craigslist.org/msg/943264087.html Laney LC50 Combo - asking $699? Seems a bit high... But the JSX head they have is $1250, there is a cab for $350 - peavey.
You aren't going to find a great halfstack with $800, IMO.

not a great tube one, you might be able to get a good SS stack at that price, but tubes would be about a thousand more or so
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^