So yeah this is a retarded question but I'm gonna ask it anyway.

So just a minute ago I snapped my e string on my Les Paul. And... I was wondering if I should just replace the e string or restring it completely.

It has the same strings on it from when I bought it in May. Yeah I know, I'm lazy and cheap so I don't replace them until I HAVE to.

Thanks in advance for the advice
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I would just replace all of them.. If the strings were still new, I would say just get a single....

/Thread
if they're the same strings as when you bought them replace them stock strings are sh*t
Quote by SSDaniel105
So yeah this is a retarded question but I'm gonna ask it anyway.

So just a minute ago I snapped my e string on my Les Paul. And... I was wondering if I should just replace the e string or restring it completely.

It has the same strings on it from when I bought it in May. Yeah I know, I'm lazy and cheap so I don't replace them until I HAVE to.

Thanks in advance for the advice

Get a new set. I replaced by B and E string with a different type (Ernie Slinkys, the rest were the standard set that came with the guitar) and it felt terrible to play.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.