Page 1 of 2
I have an issue here.

Me and my girlfriend love each other to death, but we have different tastes in music.
And we fight about it all of the time.

I listen to mostly death metal (Cannibal Corpse, etc.) and power metal (Nevermore, etc.).

She listens to what I call "radio rock" (Slipknot, Disturbed, Godsmack, etc.)

She gets really pissed off and won't talk to me when I say my music kicks hers in the nuts.

1) Is my music better than hers?
2) Is it right for me to say what I do?

Thanks, Pit!
this&that wrote:

And all we're going to hear is ARGH CLICKCLICKCLICK TAPTAPTAP WAMMMYYYY CLICILCKCLICK ARGH IM SO BADASS AT METALLICA

It's all subjective.

People hate one type of music, others love it. It's the way it is, and always will be.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by FlanHappyFlan2K
I have an issue here.

Me and my girlfriend love each other to death, but we have different tastes in music.
And we fight about it all of the time.

I listen to mostly death metal (Cannibal Corpse, etc.) and power metal (Nevermore, etc.).

She listens to what I call "radio rock" (Slipknot, Disturbed, Godsmack, etc.)

She gets really pissed off and won't talk to me when I say my music kicks hers in the nuts.

1) Is my music better than hers?
2) Is it right for me to say what I do?

Thanks, Pit!

1 - As Steve Vai says: "No one has the right to say 'our noise is better than their noise.".

2 - Learn to not be quite such a douche, you might even get laid.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
You could, oh gosh I dunno, maybe accept eachother for your differences?

-Edit-
Also, no. One style is no better then another. It's all in the ear of the listener. You'd be an ass to say otherwise:

"My music is better then your music!"

'Why?'

"...it just is!"

</fail>
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Everyone is different. You like your music, she likes hers, and I think both of yours are equally bad.
As said before, it's all subjective.

However, you shouldn't say yours is better than hers. I get annoyed when people say that to me, and I don't say it to other people, even though I want to. Just don't say anything about her music at all unless she specificly asks you to.

Then bag it out all you want.
XIAOXI
Deal with it.

That's to the both of you.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Me and my ex were kind of the same way, albeit different genres but same idea, she was into the radio music. I learned to be tolerant and less of a douche and actually picked up some new bands.

Moral is don't be a dick and stop insulting her tastes, just be tolerant and you'll both learn to accept each other's tastes, and maybe even like a few bands.
start listening to brighteyes and coldplay, it'll piss you both off, and you can have angry sex.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
Your music sucks so much dick it's unbelievable?

Disagree? Upset? Perhaps you should realize that people have different tastes in music...

Sure, Godsmack and Slipknot are mainstream (and arguably garbage) but good music is good music... And that is subjective...

(The first sentence was only a device to get you to think, not serious... Though I do see cannibal corpse as a joke/gimmick band)
I don't really think there's too much of a difference to complain about. It's not she likes Folk music.
I think you both fail, for only listening to metal.

maybe you guys should try listening to things OTHER than metal. Trust me, I used to be a big metalhead elitist....music is too beautiful to listen to only one genre.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Listen to Ska, the both of you.

But you have no right to say your music is better than hers.
Try some other bands out, see if you guys can find some new bands that you both like. Saying someone else's taste in music sucks is a real douchey thing to do, especially to your girlfriend.
Quote by 1The_Trooper1
Listen to Ska, the both of you.

But you have no right to say your music is better than hers.

i read that and then saw ur sig
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Lol who tastes music. Seriusly who do you know who that eats music?
Sail upon the open skies
I dont think i have ever had a gf that liked my music. Closest i got was she liked dream theater but none of the rest of it. Also Nevermore is not powermetal.

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
everyone suggest bands with similar qualities to both!
five finger death punch?
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
Quote by kevC4
Well, both of the styles you mentionned sucks to me

^This

Anyways........ If it's true love, music won't get in the way. Not that I'm saying it will or it has, but still. My dream girl likes Rap and I HATE about 99.5% of Rap, but I still love her. Part of the reson she probably gets mad is the whole "kicks you in the nuts" thing. If you want to talk about music you dislike, talk about something that you both dislike.
Stratocasters=

Quote by reb_49
You all seem to be confused a quite bit, let me put this down into these simple words: Music Is Always Evolving, The Problem Is That People Aren't

Favorite Guitarists -
Jimi Hendrix
Joe Perry
Jimmy Page
dude, at least your gf doesn't listen to r&b
if mine would listen to music like yours, the general would be busy 24/7 giving her the appreciation she deserves!
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vixen
Ibanez RG7321
Cort G210
Epiphone Les Paul 1956 Goldtop
Laboga Mr. Hector
Randall 4x12
Boss MT 2
Boss BD 2
Boss DD3
Korg Pitchblack
No and no

You're lucky you still have a girlfriend.
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
How the hell did you end up with her anyway? Is she mentally challenged?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by kevC4
Well, both of the styles you mentionned sucks to me

I agree with this man.
BB.King +Freddie King+Albert King=three kings of blues!!
Dado23 Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
bassbassbassbassbassbassbassbass
I hate both of your music. That doesn't mean its a problem. I just have different tastes, just like everyone else in the world. Get over it.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Chen-min
You're an idiot, my friend.

Another example of Metalhead elitism...

+1
At least your girlfriend has some taste half similar to yours. I'm a raving metalhead and my wife listens to Top 40 music and thats it. Doesn't even try metal, i think the closest i can get is Killswitch with Howards big black man singing. I would comprimise to Slipknot any day in my situation man.
Well, TS, you're into Death Metal, she's into Nu Metal. I got into thrash and death via Nu Metal, so you just need to get your brainwashing skills in gear and ween her into br00tality, and the problem will cease to exist.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
No music is better than another, it's all subjective.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
The day music taste becomes a factor in a relationship. I think that will be the day we can all just go off ourselves.
Quote by Chen-min
You're an idiot, my friend.

Another example of Metalhead elitism...

Because elitism is exclusive to metal fans? I don't see anything wrong with not liking someone else's music taste. Also, elitism is thoroughly underrated.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
i'm in the same postion you are.

except i'm actually thankfull that i found an awesome gf with musical tastes SIMILAR to mine. would you rather she subjects you to the crap that most girls listen to these days? quit being an elitist asshole and be glad you found someone awesome
Page 1 of 2