I recently had to get the bridge on my les paul filed down because thier was a burr that was causing the strings to snap. However, now my high e string (pitch not elevation) has snapped 2 times in the past 3 weeks. IT always breaks right near the tailpiece, do I need my guitar set up? Or is this normal? I use 10 gauge strings...
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
hmm there might possiblity that there's burr in the tale piece or change the height of the tail peice which might require a reintonation.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by Blacken Seas
hmm there might possiblity that there's burr in the tale piece or change the height of the tail peice which might require a reintonation.

agreed
All for one and one for all.
Well, at first their was an actual burr in the brige beacuse they snapped directly at the bridge. I think it may have something to do with the height of the tailpiece. What's a good guide to select what height to put it at?
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton