Are they serious? This will never pass.

1. A new "zero-tolerance" policy will be instituted regarding speeding. This means that any driver under the age of 21 with a G1 or G2 will risk losing their license if they are caught speeding. No questions asked.
Strict suspension policies also apply to G drivers.
For speeding that causes demerit points, the following rules apply.
- First instance - 30-day licence suspension;
- Second instance - 90-day licence suspension;
- Third instance - the driver must return to the start of the
graduated licensing program (G1).
Whether it be 10 km/h over the speed limit or 50 km/h, we can kiss our license goodbye.
2. Same idea as above with the "zero-tolerance", but this one is in regards to drinking. NO ONE under the age of 21 will be allowed to drive with ANY amount of alcohol in their system. If they are found to have the slightest bit of alcohol in their blood, their license is pulled. Just like that. Gone. The G license no longer allows you to have a blood alcohol level of 0.05. Blood alcohol must be ZERO at all times, or you run the risk of losing your license.
3. This one might be the worst. It involves G2 drivers. At NO point is ANY G2 driver allowed to have more than ONE passenger under the age of 19 in their car, in their first year of G2. At any time. One friend, max. This doesn't apply to family. Thinking of packing a car full of friends like usual? Forget it. They'll take your license.

Third ones the stupidest.
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
no biggie.. just get friends all older than 19. then they can buy you booze as well.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
What are the death rates like there, if there pretty bad with young people then fair enough, there stepping up and making sure less people die, however i think the drinking should apply to all ages, just becuase your 30 doesnt mean you can drive better after a drink, that's stupid.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
I think the first two points are fine, as for the third, it does seem a bit extreme.
I find these laws to be pointless. Being a 19 year old with their G, I saw that the current laws are fine. No ones going to learn to drive if they get their lisence pulled for speeding. Why should the adults be allowed to speed and do stupid stuff when the kids who are learning arent allowed ot make a single mistake?
Last edited by max778 at Dec 4, 2008,
Sounds like a good call to me. Drivers under 21 are morons. I used to be one, I know
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
We have that in Illinois, 'cept number 3 is nobody under 22 or something.

Get used to it, the government sucks.
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
I think its bull
this is all because of some parent who is pissed off because his son and a bunch of his friends died while driving drunk. Why punish the rest of ontario's youth for one kid's stupid mistake?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Fuck that, the whole reason I got my G was so that I could drink and drive (responsibly of course).

I really hope this doesn't pass, even though the 3rd point won't affect me, it's still being a little too strict. Did a lot of people die this year from automotive accidents or something?
This one might be the worst. It involves G2 drivers. At NO point is ANY G2 driver allowed to have more than ONE passenger under the age of 19 in their car, in their first year of G2. At any time. One friend, max. This doesn't apply to family. Thinking of packing a car full of friends like usual? Forget it. They'll take your license.

I'm pretty sure that rule already exists, but maybe not the same punishment.
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Quote by Garou1911
Sounds like a good call to me. Drivers under 21 are morons. I used to be one, I know

yeah, exactly

no complaints here
Quote by jeff541

2. Same idea as above with the "zero-tolerance", but this one is in regards to drinking. NO ONE under the age of 21 will be allowed to drive with ANY amount of alcohol in their system. If they are found to have the slightest bit of alcohol in their blood, their license is pulled. Just like that. Gone. The G license no longer allows you to have a blood alcohol level of 0.05. Blood alcohol must be ZERO at all times, or you run the risk of losing your license.

That's actually a good idéa IMO.
It really shouldn't be allowed to drive with any amount of alcohol in your blood, no matter how low, because, the way I see it, all alcohol affect our ability to observe and react, which again affect our driving skills.
And yes, I do drink myself. And yes, I am over 21 and have a lincense. Infact in Norway, where I live, the law is .02. Alot of people think that sucks.
I still think it's a good idéa. Especially since there are alot of younger kids that for some reason tend to think that because they've had their lincense for, like 3 months, they're the king of the road.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Quote by jeff541

1. A new "zero-tolerance" policy will be instituted regarding speeding. This means that any driver under the age of 21 with a G1 or G2 will risk losing their license if they are caught speeding. No questions asked.
Whether it be 10 km/h over the speed limit or 50 km/h, we can kiss our license goodbye.

That'd ridiculous. The system should obviously be;
First offense: 30 day ban
Second offense: 60 day ban
Third offense: 90 day ban
Fourth offense: Perma'd
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
That's why I'm proud to be an American.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by jeff541

3. This one might be the worst. It involves G2 drivers. At NO point is ANY G2 driver allowed to have more than ONE passenger under the age of 19 in their car, in their first year of G2. At any time. One friend, max. This doesn't apply to family. Thinking of packing a car full of friends like usual? Forget it. They'll take your license.

Third ones the stupidest.

Quote by magnus_maximus
Wow. That's ridiculous.

Quote by Flying Couch
"Zero tolerance" policies in general are retarded.

Quote by Spartan070sarge

Well, I, for one, am shocked that the only people here complaining are all under 21. It should be like that everywhere.
You're*
I like the drinking law... Countries need laws like that, then we'd have no drunk driving. I mean I've heard that in Russia for a first offense, they get a minimum of five years... Other than that, it's a bunch of bull.
In BC, we had that last rule for a while. Same thing, you can't have any more then one passenger, excluding family, with you while you have your N(New Driver license). If it passes its not the end of the world, you'll get used to it.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
We have stuff similar to that in Ohio. Any speeding tickets before your 17th birthday result in license remove until then. Also, only one passenger (not family) in the car until you're 17. Also, curfew from midnight to 6 A.M., once you're 17 then it's from 1 A.M. to 5 A.M. and once you're finally 18 the curfew is removed.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by Superstrat101
lol it wont pass. We Canadians enjoy driving under the influence... don't tread on me!

dude, it's already passed.
Quote by Spartan070sarge

**** you, atleast we're not run by a ******.
That totally sucks, but about packing your car, cops cant tell how long youv'e had your license till they pull over. Just don't be doing anything illegal like speeding or not signaling, and you and your frineds can drive all you want.