ok so i got one of the line six spider III 30 watt amps about 2 months ago. it was a floor model lol... which i didn't know when the guy gave it to me so i am getting a new one soon. anyway, to get back on subject, it stopped working about 3 days ago. the channel lights/ delay light stopped coming on and the amp won't put out sound any more. it clicks when it turns on/ off though, like it usually does. it's not a fuse, i tried that first. the only thing i can think of is that my fbv board might have had something to do with it. i just recently got the 30 dollar fbv board (the one that just switches the channels left to right). i have heard stories of pedals like this causing problems. the only thing is i haven't heard of the left to right switcher pedal causing things like this to happen. only the digital one with the tuner and wah/ volume pedal on it seems to do this (or so i've heard?) anyway, what i want to know is, does anyone think they know what might be my problem here? sorry for the wall of text by the way. thanks in advance to anyone that replies to this. -alex
Does the amp work without the footswitch attached?

Can you see any loose connections?
yeah, i tried all of that. it's not a loose connection (at least from the connections i can get to, like the power/ speaker lines ect. it could be something like an internal connection or something i suppose.) and i did also try to remove the footswitch as well. i still get nothing.
Quote by alexpalka23
yeah, i tried all of that. it's not a loose connection (at least from the connections i can get to, like the power/ speaker lines ect. it could be something like an internal connection or something i suppose.) and i did also try to remove the footswitch as well. i still get nothing.

yeah i wus gunna say check the pedal cord into the ampp cus mine wud wiggle out slightly and the amp wouldn't make any noise

if it was a floor model who knows what happened 2 it,

the warranty shud cover it
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
yeah, i was glad it did. i was like one day in warranty when i called g.c. and asked the guy about it so it's all good haha. i kind of want to know what happened though, because if it was my pedal that caused this problem it will happen again. i switch a lot mid song and i'll be mad if i get screwed out of ANOTHER amp because of an accessory that line six provided me. what's your amp/ pedal set up out of curiosity? and how long have you had it?
Sounds like a warranty issue to me. Good luck. Start saving for a new amp and make your ears happy.
lol, thanks for the advice TheEsupremacy. i am getting the same line six thanks to my warranty though. my ears should be happy again within a day or 2 =)
Its a spider they have alot of electric gremlins. As a floor model it saw more abuse before it was sold.
i always see people using the line 6 spider amps in store. like that section of the store is always occupied, so yeah taking a floor model wasn't a great idea
Quote by kckyle
i always see people using the line 6 spider amps in store. like that section of the store is always occupied, so yeah taking a floor model wasn't a great idea

I bought a floor model of a Cube because it was the last one they had in stock, but it was in good condition. And it was from a pretty good store, not Guitar Center with a gazillion people destroying the stuff.
Quote by tigerking615
I bought a floor model of a Cube because it was the last one they had in stock, but it was in good condition. And it was from a pretty good store, not Guitar Center with a gazillion people destroying the stuff.

well cube isn't as popular as the line 6 in guitar center. i just see a pile of them in the corner collecting dust from time to time. the fact that you bought a floor model of a cube has nothing to do with people always using these line 6 spider floor models in the store.