I've been wanting to build a custom ESP for a while now and a friend of mine let me know that the total cost from an online quote isn't the exact price you pay; it's the dealer that you send the quote through that determines the final price. I don't know if that's exactly correct and I was wondering if somebody could confirm that for me. Thanks and my apologies for the naive question.
the online quote is just an estimate it could end up to be more or less in the end. either way it's gunna be over $3k
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Well if the final price for the guitar is around $3k, it will be a lot better than the estimated $5k I got for the online quote.

Specs:

Shape: V
Scale: 25.5
Nut Width: 1 5/8 (graphite)
Neck Contour: Thin U
Construction: Neck-thru
Body Wood: Alder
Neck Wood: Maple
Fingerboard Wood: Ebony
Frets: 24 XJ
Pickups: (H-H) Seymour Duncan JB (B) and '59 (N)
Bridge System: String-thru
Tuners: Sperzel Locking tuners
Other: Metallic Silver finish / MOP arrowhead inlays / white neck and headstock binding / coil-splitter
sounds pretty standard except for the other stuff.
You can just buy a V and do those mods on it, the mods will cost your around $100
thats a lot cheaper than 3000
Quote by guitarcam123
sounds pretty standard except for the other stuff.
You can just buy a V and do those mods on it, the mods will cost your around $100
thats a lot cheaper than 3000

Very true. Except I haven't found an ESP V with neck thru construction or an ebony fingerboard other than the Michael Padget signature (which has that inlay I don't really like).
does it have to be an ESP and does it matter whether it a neck thru or not. Get someone on UG to build that guitar for you, it will cost less than half of what you were going to pay...
I had always considered getting a custom guitar from Ran, but I read on these forums that some people didn't get their guitars properly built.
Quote by -MintSauce-
Perhaps I'm being stupid here, but why not email ESP?

I never really thought about that, but I could give it a shot. Or maybe I could visit the factory, it's only a few miles away.
I have to get the hell out of here. I appreciate everyone's assistance and suggestions.
Quote by punker_7970
I have to get the hell out of here. I appreciate everyone's assistance and suggestions.

Actually, not meaning to advertising other forums.. but ESP have a great userbase over at their site forums, so it might be worth having a poke around there.