Page 1 of 5
angusfan16
butts
578 IQ
This thread is for discussing Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. You may talk about characters, which book you like the most (or if you just love them all), Robert Jordan himself, or anything else book related. Also if you have any questions about the books feel free to ask. We wont make fun of you. I promise! Thanks to all of you Wheel readers who've been with him since the beginning or if you've just started picking the books up.

Just discuss the Wheel of Time
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Sep 3, 2011,
angusfan16
butts
578 IQ
Me too it would be a huge disappointment to read all the other books just to have a horrible written ending, but i'm pretty sure it will turn out just fine.
Sail upon the open skies
espplayer400
My username's weak.
465 IQ
im guessing you saw that other thread that turned into a discussion about these books?
halloweenhead
792 IQ
I read up to book 6 but then it got boring
quite good though
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
angusfan16
butts
578 IQ
Quote by Craigo
Wow, you dudes wasted so much time in your life reading all of those.

As did I.

I sort of just got drawn into them and couldn't get out. They're a great read.
Sail upon the open skies
boreamor
^(^_^)^
751 IQ
Quote by Craigo
Wow, you dudes wasted so much time in your life reading all of those.

As did I.

As I write this, I have EVERY SINGLE ONE of those books less than a foot above my head. (Shelf, duh)

14 books in total I think. Two for the original book, then 2 - 11, and then the prequel.
angusfan16
butts
578 IQ
Quote by espplayer400
im guessing you saw that other thread that turned into a discussion about these books?

Yeah, but i had thought about creating a thread like this for a while now also.
Sail upon the open skies
farmerkid
...fighting for canada
96 IQ
my brother read all those books like 3 times and i was wandering if i should? I'm a HUGE Fan of LOTR so i'm guessing i would like it.
Quote by Kensai
Rape... it's the only way a ginger will get laid.
Abunai X
UG's chicken child
46 IQ
Quote by farmerkid
my brother read all those books like 3 times and i was wandering if i should? I'm a HUGE Fan of LOTR so i'm guessing i would like it.

Mate, if you like LOTR, you will love WOT. I personally prefer it to LOTR. It's more complex and the world Jordan created is so much richer in its history and customs.

I hated the first one. It was a bit of a LOTR rip-off, but he really came into his own in the second book, and they got really good again from book 10. I like seeing Rand pwn the Aes Sedai.

Seriously, I just want the White Tower to die.
XIAOXI
angusfan16
butts
578 IQ
Quote by farmerkid

Yes do it. They're a little lengthy but i say over all worth it.
Sail upon the open skies
Dan shreds
76 IQ
i just started not long ago im on the dragon reborn now is it just me or do the aes sedai seem like idiots anyway my favourite character so far is perrin
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
boreamor
^(^_^)^
751 IQ
Quote by Abunai X
I hated the first one. It was a bit of a LOTR rip-off, but he really came into his own in the second book, and they got really good again from book 10. I like seeing Rand pwn the Aes Sedai.

Seriously, I just want the White Tower to die.

Yeah. Damn bitches.

You have to admit, the Aes Sedai are pretty cool...
Beast-Wyvern
BFG, CMH, KOP and (F)LBF
173 IQ
i found it amazingly awesome up until Rand got that awesome uber sword. Then he put it back and walked away. Things went downhill very quickly from there in my opinion. Mostly due to Rand being an idiot and not just getting that uber powerful sa'angreal thing and owning everything. Also because Jordan seemed to spend far too much time talking about what the women were doing for it to be interesting for me. I want more rolling rings of fire and earth.
We walked into the night

Am I to bid you farewell?

Why can't you see that I try
When every tear I shed

Is for you?
Dan shreds
76 IQ

no there not i think they have no idea about anything they seem to think they know everything but i recon theey dont know much at all
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Abunai X
UG's chicken child
46 IQ
Quote by boreamor
Yeah. Damn bitches.

No, no, no, only the Black Ajah are cool. The rest suck. They're a bunch b*tchy, backstabbing, ignorant women obsessed with dresses.

Asha'man FTW!
XIAOXI
Craigo
UG Spammer
4,396 IQ
Don't worry guys, I've read the 11 main books and the prequal and loved (most) of it

Crossroads of Twilight I nearly gave up on because it was so bad. Shame it was a necessary progression point.

Quote by farmerkid

It's nothing like LOTR, but if you like LOTR, you'll like WoT.

There's nothing hugely original about the themes or anything, but it is a fantastic story at a realistic pace, and do have some original plot ideas, particularly concerning the main character.
angusfan16
butts
578 IQ
Quote by Beast-Wyvern
i found it amazingly awesome up until Rand got that awesome uber sword. Then he put it back and walked away. Things went downhill very quickly from there in my opinion. Mostly due to Rand being an idiot and not just getting that uber powerful sa'angreal thing and owning everything. Also because Jordan seemed to spend far too much time talking about what the women were doing for it to be interesting for me. I want more rolling rings of fire and earth.

I agree but later on (can't remember which book) he uses the sword and it ends up being too much power for him and he ends up killing alot of his men.
Sail upon the open skies
boreamor
^(^_^)^
751 IQ
Quote by Abunai X
No, no, no, only the Black Ajah are cool. The rest suck.

Asha'man FTW!

Oh of course! Asha'man ftfw! Screw them bitches ^^

That said, I was devastated when Moiraine died
angusfan16
butts
578 IQ
Quote by boreamor

Oh yeah i hated that. but i guess it was over all for the best, other wise Rand might not have lived.
Sail upon the open skies
Craigo
UG Spammer
4,396 IQ
Aes Sedai are gay.
Quote by Beast-Wyvern

He does use it, but that's later in the series and it does have some drastic consequences and has produced some of the most vivid picture of any written scene ever for me. It's pretty immense.

That's the problem; the series is about a change of ages throughout the continent and further, and you have to look at all the individual cases. It all ties in together though later on. By book 9/10/11, starts to string in to the finale...
Abunai X
UG's chicken child
46 IQ
Quote by boreamor

Oooooh, I was SO happy when she left.

She's not dead, btw. Just...gone for the moment. Unfortunately.

Btw, does anyone know who Mesaana is posing as?
XIAOXI
angusfan16
butts
578 IQ
It's been a looonnngg time since ive read them. i can't remember much of what happened except for the major events.
Sail upon the open skies
MrCuddles
79 IQ
This is a spoiler: Rand dies in a nuclear disaster.

ha. I'm on book 7, they're awesome but the story line has so many threads to it that it can seem a little tedious e.g. Something interesting happens, chapter ends. 200 pages of boring ****, then it finally returns to the interesting stuff.

OH AND I HATE NYNAEVE. Someone needs to smack her.

Edit: the boring stuff is pretty much just the girls story line. 90% of it is annoying and has a feminist overtone that gets on my nerves. "That mat! Will he ever learn! MEN!". I wonder where Jordan gets it from lol...
Last edited by MrCuddles at Dec 4, 2008,
Craigo
UG Spammer
4,396 IQ
Quote by boreamor
I wanna start reading them again now.

If I had the time, I would read them all over again, but I don't unfortunately, plus I could read a lot new books in that time

Who here has read them all then? I wanna discuss Knife of Dreams and shizz
angusfan16
butts
578 IQ
Quote by Abunai X
Oooooh, I was SO happy when she left.

She's not dead, btw. Just...gone for the moment. Unfortunately.

Btw, does anyone know who Mesaana is posing as?

True. It wasn't revealed that she was dead. As for Mesanna i'm not sure.
Sail upon the open skies
boreamor
^(^_^)^
751 IQ
Quote by Craigo
She leaves a letter to Mat and Thom containing some pretty cool details.

Check it out in the 11th book.

I've forgotten so much of this story line.

I honestly wish I had the motivation to read them. I remember what someone previously stated: Interesting part, 200 pages of useless stuff, interesting part, cliffhanger.
angusfan16
butts
578 IQ
Quote by MrCuddles
This is a spoiler: Rand dies in a nuclear disaster.

ha. I'm on book 7, they're awesome but the story line has so many threads to it that it can seem a little tedios e.g. Something interesting happens, chapter ends. 200 pages of boring ****, then it finally returns to the interesting stuff.

OH AND I HATE NYNAEVE. Someone needs to smack her.

Haha yeah she is sort of a bitch. Don't know what Lan sees in her.
Sail upon the open skies
angusfan16
butts
578 IQ
Quote by boreamor
I've forgotten so much of this story line.

I honestly wish I had the motivation to read them. I remember what someone previously stated: Interesting part, 200 pages of useless stuff, interesting part, cliffhanger.

Me too. Soon as i find my books i'll start reading them again.
Sail upon the open skies
pak1351
Disillusioned UGer
976 IQ
I've read all of them, I think I'll bring them back to school with me after christmas.

Anyone know if the last one has a release date or when it's expected?
Craigo
UG Spammer
4,396 IQ
Quote by pak1351
I've read all of them, I think I'll bring them back to school with me after christmas.

Brandon Sanderson was expecting a 400k word (that's about the length of Lord of Chaos) finish. He's on 300k and thinks it may take him up to 600k. He's not sure yet but won't finish until it is properly finished.

It was expected Autumn/Winter next year. It'll probably be later.
angusfan16
butts
578 IQ
Quote by pak1351

Well Brandon Sanderson, who is writing the last book, hopes to reach 400,000 words by the end of december. I think theres suppose to be 600,000 or close to it in the last book.
Sail upon the open skies
Craigo
UG Spammer
4,396 IQ
Quote by angusfan16
Well Brandon Sanderson, who is writing the last book, hopes to reach 400,000 words by the end of december. I think theres suppose to be 600,000 or close to it in the last book.

>.>

<.<
Abunai X
UG's chicken child
46 IQ
has anyome read this Brandon fellow's other books? I've never heard of him and I want to know if he's going to be good or not.

Dammit, why couldn't Jprdan have just put off his death a little longer?
XIAOXI
angusfan16
butts
578 IQ
Quote by Abunai X
has anyome read this Brandon fellow's other books? I've never heard of him and I want to know if he's going to be good or not.

Haven't read anything by him but Roberts wife hand picked him. She wouldn't let anyone she didn't trust mess up her husbands books.
Sail upon the open skies
Craigo
UG Spammer
4,396 IQ
Quote by Abunai X

Elantris and his Mistborn Triology have picked up good reception.