Page 3 of 5
Quote by Craigo
It's going to be dreadful.

That's what people said about lord of the rings.

That being said, it probably will be dreadful
Agreed. There's far too much in those books to cram it all into a couple of movies.
Brad Delp - June 12, 1951 to March 9, 2007 R.I.P
With all the new things that Moghedien taught the girls while she was collared, do you think Cadsuane can get Semirhage to talk? I mean.....Semirhage once tortured and killed an entire town, just to prove she could do it, and enjoy it. She also tortured a man every waking hour for 500 years. I think she might be a tough one to crack....
Quote by Danitarium
With all the new things that Moghedien taught the girls while she was collared, do you think Cadsuane can get Semirhage to talk? I mean.....Semirhage once tortured and killed an entire town, just to prove she could do it, and enjoy it. She also tortured a man every waking hour for 500 years. I think she might be a tough one to crack....

Well unless she's an incredible masochist(she must be great fun in bed ), it shouldn't be impossible. They can just threaten to kill her, since isn't that what she became a Forsaken to avoid in the first place?
Quote by Danitarium
3 Chosen have already died, and been re-incarnated. Death seems only a minor annoyance.

Chosen? Are you a *gasp* Darkfriend? And I wouldn't say it's only a minor annoyance, since Balthalmel(or whoever Aran'Gar is) had his/her gender switched, and Lanfear lost a bunch of her channeling ability.

And apologies if I've messed up the names a bit, it's been a year since I last read them.
yeah, but can end them in a more definite sense with Balefire, even Dark One admits that. No more _____ (dude Rand raped in Tear) cuz he got Balefired i think
I thought Cadsuane made Rand promise not to use balefire anymore(or maybe she just slapped the piss out of him)? Not that it matters really. I just got done reading Elantris, and Mistborn vol.1 by Brandon Sanderson(who will be finishing WoT). Not bad, I think there is hope for WoT, though Brando said he might have to make A Memory of Light into 2 books(sigh). Anyone else read his material? Thoughts?
Quote by Danitarium
I thought Cadsuane made Rand promise not to use balefire anymore(or maybe she just slapped the piss out of him)? Not that it matters really. I just got done reading Elantris, and Mistborn vol.1 by Brandon Sanderson(who will be finishing WoT). Not bad, I think there is hope for WoT, though Brando said he might have to make A Memory of Light into 2 books(sigh). Anyone else read his material? Thoughts?

Haven't read any of his stuff. Could you recommend me some of his works?
Sail upon the open skies
^I'd start with Elantris since it's a standalone novel. If you want something longer, then read The Final Empire as it's the first book in the Mistborn trilogy.
Quote by Danitarium

He never said such an idea. He said he'll write the book and let the publisher decide what happened to it publishing wise.

He's not letting it drag on, it's just taking his time to weave the threads. RJ suggested 3-5 books to Tor when he first told them about the idea but said he wasn't sure. WoT has dragged itself on by itself
Oh no, Jordan made sure those low cut dresses and fertile feminine chests got their air time. i read up to Path of Daggers (or something, forgive me if the name is wrong) pretty immersed but then 3/4 in the morning just wasn't a good time to be going to sleep anymore. i can't remember anything significant past book 4 apart from when the Asha'man come for Rand in a box and slay thousands of Aiel in like 2 seconds when Tarim (?) yells "Asha'man kill!" Best image ever.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Last edited by Sol9989 at Dec 8, 2008,
Quote by Sol9989
Oh no, Jordan made sure those low cut dresses and fertile feminine chests got their air time. i read up to Path of Daggers (or something, forgive me if the name is wrong) pretty immersed but then 3/4 in the morning just wasn't a good time to be going to sleep anymore. i can't remember anything significant past book 4 apart from when the Asha'man come for Rand in a box and slay thousands of Aiel in like 2 seconds when Tarim (?) yells "Asha'man kill!" Best image ever.

Lord of Chaos when Rand gets kidnapped? One of the best book endings ever.

What's your favourite scene anyway? Mine definately has to be Rand's march into Tear. The imagery I got for that was fantastic, I even had some dramatic music. I still got the picture of Rand drunk with power being thrown into the mud over and over from a first person perspective pretty clear, and I'm not visual. At all.
The meat grinder made out of the Power at Dumai's Wells was amazing. I also liked when Nynaeve fought Moghedian in Ebou Dar. EPIC!
Here, Brando says his gut instinct tells him it will be 2 books. Though you are right, it's not in his hands.

Anyway, my favorite visual is when Rand rapes the Seanchan with Callandor. I can just see all the lightning coming down. Though it's a close call between that and Rand cleansing the male half and vaporizing Shadar Logoth. Mat using the Horn of Valere at Falme(EPIC)? Crap thats three.....
Last edited by Danitarium at Dec 9, 2008,
Quote by Danitarium
Here, Brando says his gut instinct tells him it will be 2 books. Though you are right, it's not in his hands.

Anyway, my favorite visual is when Rand rapes the Seanchan with Callandor. I can just see all the lightning coming down. Though it's a close call between that and Rand cleansing the male half and vaporizing Shadar Logoth. Mat using the Horn of Valere at Falme(EPIC)? Crap thats three.....

Bad link
My favourite image would be the "Asha'man. Kill" bit. I just imagine a line of dark robe men raise their arms in unison, then suddenly everything bursts in flames.

F*ckin' epic.
What's the first book? I'm intrigued
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by soundgarden19
What's the first book? I'm intrigued

Well this is the weird bit. I have two books that make up the first book. They're called "From The Two Rivers" and "Into The Blight" or something. The combined version is called "The Eye of the World". There's also a prequel called "A New Spring".

It's a good series
Damn, sounds confusing, I bet I'd like it though.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time

Just follow the order on that ^^ The prequel isn't really needed though. It just gives a back story to two mysterious characters on it.
If I did read the prequel would I be lost?

Quote by denizenz

probably best to read 1-4 to understand the significance of certain events in the prequel and the characters involved. The prequel just provides better fleshing out of Moiraine and Siuan, and some good backstory for Lan/Moiraine.
Quote by soundgarden19
If I did read the prequel would I be lost?

Only the normal confusion in starting any book. If you read the prequel first, you lose some of the mystery of the characters. If you wait, a strong character that you saw develop in the series is suddenly 20 years younger, and an inexperienced youth compared to the book 1. I started with the prequel, and it made many things in the series make more sense early on. Like the relationships between Moiraine, Lan, and Siuan. Bonding, Lans history, and even The One Power, are all a little easier to understand imo.
Well i've read this much i might as well go pick up the prequel.
Sail upon the open skies
hehe, yeah wtf are you doing following a book thread for a series you havent even picked up yet... jokes, read on seriously, will destroy large chunks of your life if you get hooked, but more worthwhile than WoW (or is that just me consoling myself...?)
Sorry im a lazy bum now a days. but yeah it'll probably take away the rest of what friends i have left.
Sail upon the open skies
Meh, 's alright, only saying it to accomodate for the fact that I'm rereading them and feel guilty bout it...
I need to read them again. I barely remember whats gone on im them and i dont think i've read the second to the last book yet.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Craigo
Lord of Chaos when Rand gets kidnapped? One of the best book endings ever.

What's your favourite scene anyway? Mine definately has to be Rand's march into Tear. The imagery I got for that was fantastic, I even had some dramatic music. I still got the picture of Rand drunk with power being thrown into the mud over and over from a first person perspective pretty clear, and I'm not visual. At all.

someone likes their WoT? another image i have is when Rand first has the Sword of Tear (or whatever it is), he's in the middle of a battle and just sends magic through a whole building and it was just like "woahhhh" at the time.

another thing i liked was balefire. just the image of the deadly white beams obliterating everything in their wake, especially the fight between Rand and "generic forsaken #4" at the end of Fires of Heaven... [Rahvin AHAH i remembered!] and just the whole thing about it burning threads out of the pattern I thought was epic.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Last edited by Sol9989 at Dec 9, 2008,
Just finished book 9. Epic ending. Cadsuane is pretty cool, I hope she succeeds in her mission

The ending from Lords of Chaos was also amazing. One of the goriest images ever.

The only book that I remember dragging on for me was the one with the menagerie.

Lan is ****ing badass.
Last edited by RedDeath9 at Dec 28, 2008,
Quote by RedDeath9
Just finished book 9. Epic ending. Cadsuane is pretty cool, I hope she succeeds in her mission

The ending from Lords of Chaos was also amazing. One of the goriest images ever.

The only book that I remember dragging on for me was the one with the menagerie.

Lan is ****ing badass.

I think lan was based on chuck norris,

and what's the latest title? is it knife of dreams?
Quote by captaincrunk
I think lan was based on chuck norris,

and what's the latest title? is it knife of dreams?

Yes. The last one is scheduled for release in June/July next year. He's 2/3 through.

Guess who's playing Lan in the movie:

http://www.itusozluk.com/img.php/a94b1520fd5ee592b6f042585e3af9b7395/peter+stormare

I think he'll be great. There is also rumour that Shia La'Beouf (Transformers) will be Rand.
XIAOXI
Quote by Abunai X
Yes. The last one is scheduled for release in June/July next year. He's 2/3 through.

Guess who's playing Lan in the movie:

http://www.itusozluk.com/img.php/a94b1520fd5ee592b6f042585e3af9b7395/peter+stormare

I think he'll be great. There is also rumour that Shia La'Beouf (Transformers) will be Rand.

rand is young, but shia is a lil too young seeming to me. Rand is more adult than teenager in many ways.

But I'm liking the new Lan haha