i want to hear as many different people play something as i can. preferably something that your wrote but it doesn't have to be. could be anything, maybe a jam with you and your friends, maybe you skrewing around with different settings/effects, or what ever you want, just post a link to your music clip (vid, mp3, etc.)

the point of this thread is so i can compare myself to other guitarists because i have no idea where i stand compared to other guitarists. as an insentive for you all to share, i will crit you if you would like.

...hopefully this isn't breaking any rules.
My band's song, the winning song of the night.
I'm the dude with the black and gold sombrero and the King V.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=7qASSE_WLk8
(Skip vid. to about 1:00 to the song..)
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
why compare yourself with others? as long as you feel like you're making progress and happy with the level you are at, who cares? but if you really need to compare, i just have one clip i recorded on audacity to see how the program works, and it's on my profile
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Quote by MatReeves

well, i haven't heard the actual song but it didn't look to bad. i wouldn't change much however if i had to change something i would say you looked a tad bit stiff. i don't think this effects how it sounds however. nice.

Quote by iTzMaTT
My band's song, the winning song of the night.
I'm the dude with the black and gold sombrero and the King V.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=7qASSE_WLk8
(Skip vid. to about 1:00 to the song..)

you guys ROCKED that stage. really. i also thought that it was funny how you made a bit of a latino joke at the beginning. you all seemed to be very comfortable on the stage as well. very good overall performance.
Last edited by madshatter at Dec 4, 2008,
Well, there's a 18 second snippet of me warming up in my music in my profile, just to kind of show how my recordings sound. Not bad.

Is there a purpose to the thread or is it just for the hell of it? Looking for inspiration or something?
Quote by guitarkid2113
You can check out mah band (event.horizon, obnoxious link below) or go to my UG profile which has some of the same stuff on it.

you guys sound very trippy and very unique. dunno what else to say about it lol.

Quote by Brian 1.0
Well, there's a 18 second snippet of me warming up in my music in my profile, just to kind of show how my recordings sound. Not bad.

Is there a purpose to the thread or is it just for the hell of it? Looking for inspiration or something?

1) just for the hell of it 2) i am looking for inspiration 3) i'm looking to find a band soon so i need to see how i would stand up compared to other guitarists.
Quote by madshatter
you guys sound very trippy and very unique. dunno what else to say about it lol.

Well, I guess that could be considered a compliment?
Quote by madshatter
3) i'm looking to find a band soon so i need to see how i would stand up compared to other guitarists.

No matter how good you are, there's always a better player. Both you and I, guaranteed, are jokes compared to other players. Those guys are jokes to other people all the same. Just make some music and see where it brings you.
Quote by Louisifer
Welp, i got some mp3s up on here...you can also check out my non-guitar orchestra film score stuff @ www.myspace.com/louisiferd . And fer christs sakes leave some comments!!!! :P

those songs sounded very well written. everything blended and sounded perfectly with everything else which takes quite a bit of overall music skill to do (not just knowing one instrument). if i would change something, i would say make some parts faster and more "intense" but that would just be what i would do. you might not want to do that. i liked them none the less.

Quote by moody07747
See "into the stars" in my profile. It's something I made when trying some synths for the first time.
I still need to tweak it and make it longer.

im assuming that you like techno a lot. lol. i liked how it started slow and gradually got more intense and then slowly faded out. it was almost as if it were telling a story. the middle part sounded almost a little funky too. maybe take this funky synth sound to the extreme? nice song

Quote by DarkTom666

i can clearly see who you are influenced by, by who you are friends with on myspace. you sound like a tad bit of all of them mixed together. people tend to just follow one guitarist and in return, sound exactly like that one guitarist. only rant i have about them is sometimes it sounded like you were straying from the rhythm but that was only at a few small parts.
Last edited by madshatter at Dec 6, 2008,
I'll play....

www.now-here-this.com.

Most of the songs were written by me. I play lead guitar and do lead vocals. The CD was recorded at my house.

My goal to be a shred king was set aside years ago. My focus is on singing and trying to write decent songs over the past few years. I found that my guitar playing is good enough to do anything I want to do that suits a song, so I've no real incentive to continue to develop my shred skills. Dunno if that's what you're looking for, but, that's the drill on my end.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.