Are there any good sites that sell backplates for Precision Basses? I want to replace the one I have and I've barely been able to find any on the web. Also, but not as important, I would like to know if there are any sites out there that sell really interesting replacement knobs. I have seen a few websites but they all either sell regular knobs or skulls.
Backplate? as in a neck plate? Why replace it? Also where are you from? UK or USA? I know of a few UK sites.
This is for the thing about knobs. I made a few interesting ones with the things you put on your tire. The things that you put over the pin where you pump up your tire. I made one that has a snake head on it and i am probably going to make some more.
Quote by budget bassist
Backplate? as in a neck plate? Why replace it? Also where are you from? UK or USA? I know of a few UK sites.

Yeah, whatever it's called. I want to replace mine because it's a Mike Dirnt bass (though highly customized) and I hate seeing the star that's engraved into the backplate because it reminds me of him lol. So I was wondering if there were any I could buy that were either different colors or had a different design engraved in it. And I'm from the US, but if the sites from the UK ship here than that's fine too.
Quote by maidenforce19
Yeah, whatever it's called. I want to replace mine because it's a Mike Dirnt bass (though highly customized) and I hate seeing the star that's engraved into the backplate because it reminds me of him lol. So I was wondering if there were any I could buy that were either different colors or had a different design engraved in it. And I'm from the US, but if the sites from the UK ship here than that's fine too.

warmoth.com sells them. and the knobs too.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Why not just flip the neck plate over? Saves a few quid, and you don't see the star?.

Whats wrong with Mike Dirnt anyways?

What kind of person stares at thier neck plate that much?
Quote by Captain Insano
Why not just flip the neck plate over? Saves a few quid, and you don't see the star?.

Whats wrong with Mike Dirnt anyways?

What kind of person stares at thier neck plate that much?

Well I wanted to get one that looked cool. And I know it's not a big deal but it just annoys me sometimes and I want to customize my main bass as much as I can. I might end up keeping it, but if I do replace it I want to get either a gold one or one with some kind of picture or engraving on it. I'm not just going to flip it over lol.
Just google it, you can buy genuine fender ones with the big F on them from pretty much anywhere.

Here are some plain ones
Lots of interesting knobs (lol) here too