Alright, the way i see it, they are the exact same guitar except the fingerboards are different, one is an sg and the other is an explorer, and there is a $100 price difference. What do the brilliant minds of the people suggest? Is an ebony fingerboard instead of a bound fingerboard really worth $100?
Gear
Guitar - Schecter C-1 Classic
Amp - Crate FXT65
Pedals - Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Digitech RP350

On Backup
Guitar - Baja Mini Strat
Amp - Baja 10W
Last edited by Schreekuline at Dec 4, 2008,
Quote by JELIFISH19
By that logic, Les Pauls would cost the same as SGs
correct, but les pauls are not in dispute right now
Gear
Amp - Crate FXT65

On Backup
Guitar - Baja Mini Strat
Amp - Baja 10W
i would get the SG, only because i like the thick neck on it, as opposed to an explorer
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Get the SG, the futura is HORIFICALLY ugly. As in, it scares babies, it's just that ugly! If they'd kept the regular explorer shape it would be a thing of beauty, but alas
An Epiphone SG is really unbalanced, but it looks better than the red futura, I would say get the Futura FX
Quote by budget bassist
Get the SG, the futura is HORIFICALLY ugly. As in, it scares babies, it's just that ugly! If they'd kept the regular explorer shape it would be a thing of beauty, but alas
ya, i just saw a decent picture of it, it really is ugly...
Gear
Amp - Crate FXT65

On Backup
Guitar - Baja Mini Strat
Amp - Baja 10W
The Futura is an Explorer type, so it's got more body mass and the weight is a little more balanced. That's why it costs more, more wood = more cost for them to make = more cost for you to buy.

That's the only difference though. The Futura will have a slightly deeper tone thanks to the thicker body and one of the versions comes with an Original Floyd Rose, but neither are huge selling points to me. Ultimately there's no real build quality difference so if you prefer SGs buy the SG one, if you prefer Explorers buy the Futura, that's all it comes down to.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
SG as the Futura is hideously ugly. It looks like an Explorer that's been brutally beaten with the ugly stick.
Guitars:
Agile PS900 Blue Flame: SD Blackouts, TonePros TOM, Grover Locking Mini-Rotomatic Tuners.
Amps:
Peavey 5150 Head w/Bias Mod.
Peavey Bandit 112
Ok, i have a question, y does everyone say the Futura so ugly? It's very similar to an explorer. The explorer does look better, but it can't be by much. One girl being hot doesn't make all girls less attractive ugly. Catch my drift?
Quote by JELIFISH19
Ok, i have a question, y does everyone say the Futura so ugly? It's very similar to an explorer. The explorer does look better, but it can't be by much. One girl being hot doesn't make all girls less attractive ugly. Catch my drift?

my thought exactly

i would personely buy one if i had the money
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS