Has anyone used a guitar with one of these? I want to hear reviews before I consider buying and having one installed in my V.
i have set installed in my RR5FR they are really loud and very clear sounding.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
They're very clear pickups. If your technique isn't very, very good, it's going to pick up a lot of unwanted noise. But if you play well, they sound awesome (look at who they were made for)
They're very high-output, but very clean sounding. Clean as in note-clarity, not anti-distortion or anything like that, haha. I have one in my RG1570. They sound great, but are very sensitive. Also, you don't want 'em if you just play rock or thrash metal. They're mainly shred guitar or speed metal pickups. They are great for a neverending Shred onslaught though. The Evolution Neck is the same way. It's just for hours of continuous ear-grinding, finger-ripping shred.
Thanks! I just wanted to now about them before I buy them. Probably going to buy them and get them installed tomorrow.
What amp are you using?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
**** sorry i thought i created a new thread
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
Then it's not remotely suited for what you play.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Well, I don't try to limit myself to what I play, I play just about anything except for country. As for my amp, Half-stacks cost too much, I demoed this amp and it was pretty nice, so I bought it and I'm not disappointed in my purchase at all.
Quote by Spartan101400
Well, I don't try to limit myself to what I play, I play just about anything except for country. As for my amp, Half-stacks cost too much, I demoed this amp and it was pretty nice, so I bought it and I'm not disappointed in my purchase at all.

You don't need to have a half stack to have good tone...
Not to mention that Evos are (from what I can gather) geared a lot more towards shred than thrash or punk. I know Alex Skolnick has a set, but he's the lead guitarist of the band...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
You don't need to have a half stack to have good tone...
Not to mention that Evos are (from what I can gather) geared a lot more towards shred than thrash or punk. I know Alex Skolnick has a set, but he's the lead guitarist of the band...

What would you recommend for thrashy pickups then?
Quote by Spartan101400
What would you recommend for thrashy pickups then?

Actually, you shouldn't be looking at pickups until you have a higher end amp...

Where do you live?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Cheaper amps don't respond as well to changes (pickups and other mods) like higher-end amps do. I haven't tried the Raven but I'm assuming it's no different.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by Spartan101400
Lakeland Florida, what's wrong with my Raven?

I'm assuming it is a solid state amp? There's nothing wrong with that but really there is no point looking at pickups unless you are using a tube amp which are far more dynamic and responsive. You won't get the best out of new pickups unless using a tube amplifier.
Quote by steven seagull
Then it's not remotely suited for what you play.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Spartan101400
Yeah, but Tube Amps cost a fortune, I've never seen a Tube Amp under $1000

You hyaven't looked hard enough. Try Bugera or if you can't stretch that far, a Valveking and a Bad Monkey.
Quote by Rock Pig
You hyaven't looked hard enough. Try Bugera or if you can't stretch that far, a Valveking and a Bad Monkey.

clearly. Though a Vypyr 60 is also a good option.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
That ValveKing Looks pretty nice. It fits my budget, but I guess I'll just have to play it somewhere.
Quote by oneblackened
clearly. Though a Vypyr 60 is also a good option.

Not full tube I think.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
Not full tube I think.

eh, it sort of is but it isn't. I think it has a tube or 2 in the preamp and the power amp is fully tube.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.