Hey guys, I'm debating whether to get a Peavey 5150 combo or head at the moment but I know squat about cabs, I am a Rhythm guitarist in my band that plays to Metal/MeloDeath, what would be a good matching cab to compliment a 5150 or 6505 head for a very raw and heavy tone?
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
The combo sucks in my IMO. I just sold mine, but it sounded really good with a bogner cab, orange cabs, and so on. Just go take your head to a shop and plug away
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
vader cabs sounded good with it when i heard one. also mesa cabs. orange cabs sound good with every head ive played through, but ive not heard one through a high gain amp.
I just bought a Vader 4x12 and it's supposed to be amazing. I'll let you know when I get it tomorrow.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
I use my 6505 head with a Orange 4x12. I play a lot of Hardcore and Drop C stuff and it really sounds great with the drop tunings. It has a pretty dark sound but you can use the Presence on the head to even out the tone.
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
I've heard good things about Orange cabs with them, I've also heard Vader works really well too. And the good things about both of those cabs is they sound really good with other heads in case you want a new amp down the line. I've only heard that Orange cabs don't sound good with Diezel's, but why that is the case I have no idea.
i know a guy who runs his 5150 through a marshall 1960a and it sounds incredible. he has the best metal tone i've ever heard
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
I've heard a 5150 II in a Orange cabinet which sounded amazing and a 5150 head into a Mesa cabinet (Oversize) which really wailed.
Peavey VTM
Marshall 8412
Fender 4x12 loaded with t75's
Epiphone LP-100
Fender Stratocaster Highway one
5150's go really well with cabs that have v30's.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
5150's go really well with cabs that have v30's.

Agreed. The high amount of Mids in a v30 suits the massive gain of a 5150 well and keeps everything defined and clear. Any Cab with vintage 30's will sound great. But I think the best 5150 tone I've heard is with a Mesa 4x12. Chimaira, Bullet for my Valintine, and In Flames all use that combination.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
My friend and I both have 5150 amps and Marshall cabs. His is a 1960a and mine is a 1960av slant cab with V30's in it. We both prefer mine over his but both sound great. Keep in mind I didn't try mine out against any Mesa/Orange/Vader cabs or anything and this is my first real amp. I don't think you would be dissapointed with any of the suggested cabs.
I think one of the worst head/cab combos is the 6505 and marshall 1960a....that amp head just does NOT like g12-75s imo.

I do tho
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by UrzasJ00rMom
I just bought a Vader 4x12 and it's supposed to be amazing. I'll let you know when I get it tomorrow.

Had one. You'll LOVE it. Vader or V30's loaded Mesa cab.
Egnater cabs... It has v30's in it. It's made from the same stuff the mesa cabs are made from. The guy used to work for mesa.