And when I say effect I don't mean effect pedal.
What i want to do is line my car with red LEDs on the roof of the cabin, and blue LEDs on the floor of the cabin, connect it to the stereo so I can have my car pulse with red and blue (therefore purple = 1337) light. But here's the thing: I want the reds to flash in response to treble, and the blue leds to bass.

So my ultimate question is this:
High capacitance electrolytics (allow/block) (high/low) frequencies
Low capacitance electrolytics (allow/block) (high/low) frequencies
High inductance inductors (allow/block) (high/low) frequencies
High inductance inductors (allow/block) (high/low) frequencies

And for the desired effect, which should I put at the (cathode/anode) (+/-) end of the LED strip?
cool, thanks.

Other question: If its nighttime, I'm driving down the interstate at a billion miles an hour, besides the fact that for some reason I cannot get a ticket for speeding, would I get a ticket for potentially having the worlds' fastest rave party ever? [Would the flashing lights give me a ticket?]
P.S.: My windows are not tinted.
Quote by guitarcam123
you relise this is not a car forum right?

yea id try a car forum
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
I'm just asking about sound. I want to allow only high frequencies to get to my red leds (blocking lows, passing highs) and let only low frequencies get to the blue leds (passing lows, blocking highs).

I can do the power part of the wiring myself, I'm sure.
It wouldn't be purple it would be red and blue, it would be a distraction, you would probably get a ticket, this is the wrong forum, with a stupid title, and you are certainly not god.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
red + blue = purple iirc.
I thought it would be good here, since I'm just asking how to separate high/low frequencies, not how to install it in my car. I thought I'd put why I'm asking it in the thread but I guess I shouldn't have.
Thanks otter, for the "i'd probably get a ticket" bit.

and the reason the the title is because its something I do know, I just forgot. X[ Also I think flashing LEDs with music is stupidly cool. =]

and an eq wouldn't be exactly preferred because I would need two, they would be too big, and too expensive. I have monies only for a DiY route.
Red and blue lights are illegal, because of emergency vehicles, you know. At least in the US, I don't know about abroad. But I'm guessing if you're covering a car with leds that pulse to music you're standard "American" fare
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
uhh... the po-po haz red and blue lights

people b thinkin u the popo n be liekz... O SHIAT MONTEL, ITS DA POPO!!@!@!@!!11
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by PimpedOutSquier
Red and blue lights are illegal, because of emergency vehicles, you know. At least in the US, I don't know about abroad. But I'm guessing if you're covering a car with leds that pulse to music you're standard "American" fare
Haha, my friend always pretends to be a cop by flashing some red and blue lights. It gets people to pull over so he can get by them without changing lanes. He's just that lazy.
^ Don't want to be in the car when he gets taken to the pokey.
You don't want to make some new friends.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
Red + blue =/= purple.

It = red and blue... they don't really mix.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by DaddyBarbs
uhh... the po-po haz red and blue lights

people b thinkin u the popo n be liekz... O SHIAT MONTEL, ITS DA POPO!!@!@!@!!11

Dude, I'm in tears!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by PimpedOutSquier

They're illegal on the outside of your car... inside is pretty obscure. My friend has blue streetglow lights all over on the inside of his car for the same reason. The cops have never had a problem with it. If it flashes red and blue though they might because it's too similar.
Okay, so any ideas how to separate the changing voltages of "high-end" treble and the "low-end" bass with a capacitor + inductor combo?
okay so this is how it works

you can use just resistors and capacitors to be used as high pass and low pass filters (like in the big muff tone stack) after you pass the audio signal, you are going to need to use a bridge rectifier to convert the AC audio signal to DC.

there are problems with this like:

is there going to be enough voltage to even light the leds? (you can amplify the signal)
is there going to be enough current to light the leds? (you can use transistors and ICs to do this)
is this going to affect the sound quality of my music? (you could have an extra amp just for your leds)
Don't put red and blue lights on your car dude, choose a different colour or you'll have people pulling over because they think you're a cop, until a real cop pulls you over. Basically every other road user will think you're a dick, and then you'll eventually get arrested. You'd be losing on all fronts.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
for some reason.... I think the OP was high....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Red + Blue does not equal purple when concerning light. Especially if they're going at different times.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm