hey guys,

this is my first time to buy a synth and i need your opinion.

i'm strapped for cash and i'm a HUGE noob when it comes to synth. i play rhythm guitar in my band (rock/hardcore) and i would love to add some synth stuff to our music.

i'm debating whether to get alesis micron or the microkorg. i've looked em up on forums but i think i need the hard answers for myself.

i'm going to gc to buy one of them saturday so i need some opinions ASAP.

and keep in mind that i have ZERO past experience with synths

-thanks
The Micron has a lot of modern sounds. You can edit your own patches down to a T. Honestly, if you know the science behind sounded editing this is a good place to start. You can program sequences and "setups" which is REALLY handy when it comes to playing live. The MicroKorg has a really good vocoder and some excellent analogue type sounds . I'm not fully familiar with it though. I was in the same position as you at one point. I went around trying the two instruments in local shops but the micron became a clear winner.
Ummmmm the old keyboardist for my band played a microkorg and they are a lot of fun to mess around with.

They are able to achieve a lot of different sounds but I am kind of in the same boat as you so as for the sound quality I can't really tell you how good it is.

I would recommend that just based off of experience.

Have you played either of them yet?
Quote by Dr. Oysterhead
The Micron has a lot of modern sounds. You can edit your own patches down to a T. Honestly, if you know the science behind sounded editing this is a good place to start. You can program sequences and "setups" which is REALLY handy when it comes to playing live. The MicroKorg has a really good vocoder and some excellent analogue type sounds . I'm not fully familiar with it though. I was in the same position as you at one point. I went around trying the two instruments in local shops but the micron became a clear winner.

This has been my experience as well. Make sure you play both of them before buying either.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Give a try to a Roland SH-201. It's foolproof and it makes lots of sounds.
Best synth for a no0b IMHO.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!