Page 1 of 4
I cannot believe this. An Islamic school in Australia, has banned the Australian National Anthem. That song is the pride of our country and it is a privledge and an honour to sing it in recognition of the greatest country in the world.

If it were your country, would you be pissed?
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
They banned their own countries anthem? For what reason?
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by ibanez_guru
I cannot believe this. An Islamic school in Australia, has banned the Australian National Anthem. That song is the pride of our country and it is a privledge and an honour to sing it in recognition of the greatest country in the world.

No. I'd be happy if my school got rid of the national anthem, wastes 2 minutes of my day every day I have school.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Nope, then I wouldn't have to get up...

But then 'd feel bad. Thousands of men died defending out country, that includes the anthem.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
nationalism should be a choice not forced on them.. you can bring up the arguement "why they live there if they dont support it" but really.... talking about a country in the country wont make it any better or look good..
Honestly who gives a flying ****. I mean in 20 years who's gonna give a **** about who didn't say the anthem.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
If that had happened in America, they all would've been killed, raped, or deported by now.

Disclaimer: This post does not imply that the poster would like said punishments imposed. This post simply states that Americans are idiotic and take offense to anything.
No not really.

I stand up when the Pledge of Allegiance comes on in school, but I don't say it. I don't really agree with praising a flag or anything like that.

Let them do what they want. "It's a free country" cliche kinda fits this situation if you think about it.
Islam bans everything. You're suprised why?
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Pride in one's country should be a proud choice, not a forced decision. We don't do the anthem at my school, just the Pledge, and we have the right to not do it if it goes against our religious or political beliefs.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
There was talk of banning our national anthem in schools because of it containing the word "god". Something about religious freedom and all. I agreed with it personally, but it seemed a lot of people didn't and it nothing ever took place on the matter as far as I know.
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
Last edited by Taydr at Dec 4, 2008,
I live in Australia and I am a little offended. My school sings the school song and the national anthem. I don't open my mouth for the former, but I sing pretty loudly for the latter because I love Australia.

Just not singing it is different to actually banning it. Banning implies that there will be punishment if it is sung, and I consider that rather anti-Australian. Now I have nothing against Islamists, but if that's the case, they can leave.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Dec 4, 2008,
Quote by ibanez_guru
That song is the pride of our country and it is a privledge and an honour to sing it in recognition of the greatest country in the world.

yes I would but because of the narrow mind of the people. It's pointless to do that !
Quote by ibanez_guru
That song is the pride of our country and it is a privledge and an honour to sing it in recognition of the greatest country Prison in the world.

Fixed
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by ibanez_guru

I don't think it's the pride of our country, it's a fucking shit song.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by gunners fan

How about this
Jailhouse Rock - Elvis Presley?
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Hmm. Banning it is stupid, but so is getting all riled up. They effectively divided by zero
i respect it and thoughs who defended the honor of it but to tell the truth it wouldnt make a diffrence to e if it was gone...
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Fock you! If I ever get out of this place, I'll stab you!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
That's dumb, they should be proud of the country they live in...
But in Islam, they swear loyalty to only Allah so I guess that's their justification...
...I think Muhammad did this to stop tribal warfare..
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
Bull****. If you don't have a source for this, then it is xenophobic propaganda.
12 fret fury
Quote by Punk Poser
Bull****. If you don't have a source for this, then it is xenophobic propaganda.

Trust me it happened! it's been all over the news for days I'll see if I can find a link for ya!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
WTF people how can you hate the Anthem of your country, it's ok you don't like it, but hate a song that represents your country is just WRONG, a country that gave the best he could to make you the person you're now and you just bash it like it's "just a stupid song"
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by Fat-bastard0603
WTF people how can you hate the Anthem of your country, it's ok you don't like it, but hate a song that represents your country is just WRONG, a country that gave the best he could to maike you the person you're now and you just bash it like it's "just a stupid song"

Well, I don't think they necessarily hate it, I think they banned it for religious reasons
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
personally if they cant bother to sing your own countries Anthem that school should be burnt and the people sent to countries of ethical origin.

Its a sign of respect, and its not like they are still singing "God Save the Queen" lol.

On the other hand, Ive never heard Australias anthem, and also theres not much history to respect on the part of the anthem seeing as how almost everyone in Australias Great Great Great Great Great grandparents were criminals
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
WTF people how can you hate the Anthem of your country, it's ok you don't like it, but hate a song that represents your country is just WRONG, a country that gave the best he could to make you the person you're now and you just bash it like it's "just a stupid song"

It's "wrong" to hate a certain peice of music? Why? Who does it hurt? I'm grateful for the positive aspects of the country but the song really has nothing to do with it. It could be any other song (for example, a better one), or even no song at all, and it wouldn't change anything.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Well, I don't think they necessarily hate it, I think they banned it for religious reasons
I was under the impression "God" and "Allah" mean the exact same thing. Not sure though.

EDIT: I also thought australia's anthem was still God Save the Queen.
They don't have to sing it, but it definately shouldn't be banned. That said, I doubt it's banned, and it's just a media beat up. THAT said, they're in Australia. Just because they're Islamic, doesn't mean they're not Australian.
Quote by MrMojoRisin'
I was under the impression "God" and "Allah" mean the exact same thing. Not sure though.

EDIT: I also thought australia's anthem was still God Save the Queen.

Well Allahs supposed to be everything around us.

God is that bloke who fronts that band Nickelback.
Page 1 of 4