I was thinkin' of replacing the pickups in my Epi SG because they sound pretty bland. The bridge pickup is fine, but it's just "okay" and I want a bit more clarity, little more output, maybe more treble, etc. As for the neck, it's pretty weak and a lot worse than the bridge. Simply, I don't like it. Here's what I was thinking, I wanna get a vintage, paf sounding pickup for the bridge, maybe a bit overwound. What I found is the GFS Alnico Fat Pat and the Golden Age overwound pickup from stewmac. Which would be a better choice for what I'm looking for? As for the neck, I really like the p90 sound, so I'm thinking of getting the GFS Mean90. Do you guys think this would be a good upgrade for now? And I say now because I can't afford more expensive ones and probably won't for a while. When I do get more money, I'll probably get a Phat Cat and either a SD '59 or a Gibson Classic '57 Plus. What do you guys think of this plan?

In short: Which is better, GFS Fat Pat or Golden Age overwound in the bridge? And would a GFS Mean90 in the neck along with the GFS/Golden Age be a good idea? This is temporary.
Gear:

Peavey Classic 30
Vox AC4TV
Epiphone G-400 1968 w/ Mean 90
FullTone OCD V4
BYOC 250+ (Dist. +)
Marshall Regenerator
Dunlop Original Crybaby
i dunno much about those pickups, but stay AWAY from screw-mac. ive heard some bad things...just go ask the gear customizing forum. which btw is i guess technically where this thread should be but w/e.
i have pretty much the same pickups as you and the same problem lol i like your idea, might have to consider.....oh i forgot thanks for the idea
TBH, I'd rather save a bit more cash and replace just the bridge p-up with something nice. Perhaps a DiMarzio PAF Pro?
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Which would be better then, PAF Pro, '59, or Classic '57 plus?
Gear:

Peavey Classic 30
Vox AC4TV
FullTone OCD V4
BYOC 250+ (Dist. +)
Marshall Regenerator
Dunlop Original Crybaby
the DiMarzio PAF Pro's are good but they're as warm as you think they are.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
They're as warm as I think they are? What's that supposed to mean?
Gear:

Peavey Classic 30
Vox AC4TV
FullTone OCD V4
BYOC 250+ (Dist. +)
Marshall Regenerator
Dunlop Original Crybaby