hey..i just found out my drummer won't be available for our cruddy high school talent show end of January, so I guess i need to do solo crud with a backing track. Got some choices, and if you could suggest any others that's great....just help me decide, i'm not good enough to decide....i guess i'm a shredder but i like emotional instrumentals best.

Hourglass - Liquid Tension Experiment (with live piano player)
Just Look Up - Joe Satriani
Is There Love In Space? - Joe Satriani
Souls of Distortion - Joe Satriani
Victor Wooten Bass Medley crap - ...vic wooten
Country Music - Stu Hamm
Legend of Zelda?- Koji Kondo (with live piano player)
Revelation - Joe Satriani
Surfing - Joe Satriani
State of Grace - Liquid Tension Experiment
Glasgow Kiss - John Petrucci (haven't learned yet, might not be safe)
Canon Rock - JC
Train of Angels - Joe Satriani

something like this.....if you think any of these would be good for a high school, or have any prog suggestions.....hit me.
canon rock.

its a good song, and almost everyone will know it.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Quote by InvaderTSN
Fucked with a Knife-Cannibal Corpse.

lmao dude i think that song name is better than i cum blood. the first time i ever heard it i cracked up laughing.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Quote by KGB_INC
canon rock.

its a good song, and almost everyone will know it.

This.
XIAOXI
Quote by slash4114
lmao dude i think that song name is better than i cum blood. the first time i ever heard it i cracked up laughing.

Great song.
If your school is anything like mine, no one will know anything, even Canon Rock. Try doing a song that's either very popular right now (which will probably leave you with Bullet For My Valentine or Linkin Park), or a song that has been on guitar hero, and then do a Joe Satriani thing just to show off. You don't have to do a popular song, but it'll be much more impressive if you play a song that a majority will know. And since the average highschool doesn't have much music taste whatsoever (Most people in my school don't even know who Rush is), you don't have much to choose from, but luckily Guitar Hero got famous enough to open up music to them
You mentioned Victor Wooten? Are you playing bass or guitar? AND, how will you get backing tracks for any of these tunes?
ha...paul gilbert....sorry....might right hand is just not ready for that...i'd love to though...Satch Boogie might work......and guys i swear no one here would know Canon Rock....
Quote by Dr. Oysterhead
You mentioned Victor Wooten? Are you playing bass or guitar? AND, how will you get backing tracks for any of these tunes?

i'll play either....how to get guitar backing tracks, there's a few bands that make them, guitarbt still supplies the tracks those bands make.....and with vic you don't need backing tracks.
I'd be quite interested to see you pulling of a Wooten piece then move onto a Petrucci. If you can play the way you're making out you can play then thumbs up!! Compose something of you're own and let the audience know it's you're own piece. You'll get a whole load more respect that way.
Go with The Legend of Zelda for an intro, then go into a song from Guitar Hero just because people will know it and you will get better crowd response
Quote by guitarsolo_17
hey..i just found out my drummer won't be available for our cruddy high school talent show end of January, so I guess i need to do solo crud with a backing track. Got some choices, and if you could suggest any others that's great....just help me decide, i'm not good enough to decide....i guess i'm a shredder but i like emotional instrumentals best.

Hourglass - Liquid Tension Experiment (with live piano player)
Just Look Up - Joe Satriani
Is There Love In Space? - Joe Satriani
Souls of Distortion - Joe Satriani
Victor Wooten Bass Medley crap - ...vic wooten
Country Music - Stu Hamm
Legend of Zelda?- Koji Kondo (with live piano player)
Revelation - Joe Satriani
Surfing - Joe Satriani
State of Grace - Liquid Tension Experiment
Glasgow Kiss - John Petrucci (haven't learned yet, might not be safe)
Canon Rock - JC
Train of Angels - Joe Satriani

something like this.....if you think any of these would be good for a high school, or have any prog suggestions.....hit me.

Do train of angels. Ill love you forever. Or souls of distortion, those are my 2 favorite satch songs ever.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
play one by metallica. since it is on GH, everyone likes it, and you will have like 19+42586+458+65145214565 girls waiting for your dick when you get offstage. and dudes too.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Do some Victor wooten stuff and then move onto impressive Satriani/whatever else. although at my school, half the kids wouldn't realize you just switched instruments....
Don't need a gun to blow your mind.
do some john 5

you could do Feisty Cadavers, Sounds Of Impalement, Damaged, Soul Of a Robot, The Washing Away of Wrong, or maybe even his cover of welcome to the jungle, which is better than the original IMO.
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Dr. Oysterhead
I'd be quite interested to see you pulling of a Wooten piece then move onto a Petrucci. If you can play the way you're making out you can play then thumbs up!! Compose something of you're own and let the audience know it's you're own piece. You'll get a whole load more respect that way.

just cuz i can play these things doesn't mean i'm good....1 song , 5 minutes, that's all we got.....and i've tried to compose...it's just failing....and stealing.
i'm going to attempt Mouths Like Sidewinder Missiles by The Fall of Troy at my talent show. I dont know if you wanted suggestions outside of yours posted but if you did...