alright, I am fairly certain I am getting this guitar, if anyone has or knows anything about it, say Pro's and Cons, thanks a lot guys.

This is just a pic of the Guitar

http://
and if the pic doesn't work, type in Ibanez Xiphos on google images and click the 2nd image
Link doesn't work. I like them, they're comfortable to sit with in my opinion.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
it's pretty nice, just really unbalanced
the neck always wants to drop to the floor, so you'll have to move the strap buttons, but it'll still probably be off balance. it also comes without a case if you get it from guitar center or most places.

as far as sound and feel and all, i like it.
it's just off balance
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
the edge 3 trem kinda sucks.
I'd love to get the hardtail version.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
from what i have heard it is a good guitar, i plan on getting one myself soon, except for im going to get the model with the fixed bridge. The only problem these things have is that the strap pins are in a bad location, so the guitars dont come with strap pins in them, but holes pre-drilled where they were originally, if you dont want any neck dive you are gonna have to drill new holes for the strap pins. There are a few videos on youtube that tell where the new strap pins should go
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
i pleyed one today at my local store. it was totally sick. im thinking about getting one sometime
imo go for a Jackson WRMG, WAY better trem, better pickups(arguably) and doesnt have balance issues.
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
-Plays comfortable
-Nice thin/flat neck
-Its no prestige but its a decent ibanez
-the edge III is quite rubbish-block it/Replace with better a trem/It will will stay in tune as long as you don't do whammy effects
-Pickups ain't bad, I like the lead tone, notes are very articulate' output isn't bad, ain't no EMG's, but not too aggressive.
-strap button needs to be moved to counter the nose diving problem.
Last edited by x Misanthropy x at Dec 4, 2008,
Quote by x Misanthropy x
-Plays comfortable
-Nice thin/flat neck
-Its no prestige but its a decent ibanez
-the edge III is quite rubbish-block it/Replace with better a trem/It will will stay in tune as long as you don't do whammy effects
-Pickups ain't bad, I like the lead tone, notes are very articulate' output isn't bad, ain't no EMG's, but not too aggressive.
-strap button needs to be moves to counter the nose diving problem.

There's a hardtail version, no need to worry about that. Yeah, the Jackson Warrior has a better trem, but it's no (German) OFR either.

And SGs are neck heavy, and yet people still buy them?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
the edge 3 trem kinda sucks.
I'd love to get the hardtail version.

same here, too bad Ibanez gave it such a bad colour

For the money though man Id go with something with an original Floyd Rose. But then again im pretty sure the EDGEIII swaps out directly with a OFR, but that will be another $200 to get one.

Apparently EdgeIIIs wear out after like a year.
Quote by Tedward
same here, too bad Ibanez gave it such a bad colour

For the money though man Id go with something with an original Floyd Rose. But then again im pretty sure the EDGEIII swaps out directly with a OFR, but that will be another $200 to get one.

Apparently EdgeIIIs wear out after like a year.

plus ****ing one!

I don't really like trems at all.
The glitter on the hardtail is weak.
I'd like a black one with red bevels
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by devit
imo go for a Jackson WRMG, WAY better trem, better pickups(arguably) and doesnt have balance issues.

But the Xiphos is Mahogany and neck-thru.
I played one in a shop and, although it was badly set up (out of tune, fretting out etc.), it still played really well. This to me says that with a proper set up this guitar should be awesome.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
You wont need to replace the bridge right away. I've had my edge 3 for almost a year and had no problems with it.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
I don't like the feel of it, and it's kinda stupid that the edgeIII is on it, so go either with the string-thru or with alot of hassle and replace the trem. Its NT, got good pickups for stocks and the body is made out of nice wood, you get mass of sustain, especially with the string-thru, something you have to get used to is that the guitar is heavy, and the painted neck might annoy you, but that is something to get used to.
yea agreeing with the majority on here, i sold my xiphos to 666_pounder..well trade + cash but i didnt like it..due to the trem.
Saying that a few guitars i own HAD the edge 3..i swapped them out for OFRs..
if you have cash to burn, get the xiphos, upgrade the bridge.
if not save up and get a guitar with an OFR/decent jackson one
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Quote by devit

+1 havent heard anything bad about the trem or strap button positions.
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff