Hey guys I am thinking of getting a Les Paul, and I have narrowed it down to The Les Paul Gibson Studio Edition. The only thing is that I am not sure if I am making the right purchase or not, I have only played a Les Paul a few times and I loved the sound, it was an Epiphone Gibson, but Im not sure of the exact model. The reason Im posting this is because I want you to post your reviews, comments, or suggestions for other Les Pauls.
The higher-end Epiphone's are good, but it depends on the model. Links?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
i have a les paul studio and it's sexy as all hell. the neck pickup can be a little muddy, but i actually kinda prefer it that way (preference) the sustain is amazing, it isn't any more heavy than a strat or anything and i am just in love with it. it's a great guitar. any other questions you may have ask away
Quote by masturnate42
i have a les paul studio and it's sexy as all hell. the neck pickup can be a little muddy, but i actually kinda prefer it that way (preference) the sustain is amazing, it isn't any more heavy than a strat or anything and i am just in love with it. it's a great guitar. any other questions you may have ask away

How is the neck, thin? Any problems with it please tell me.
What amp do you use?
Quote by NEX44
How is the neck, thin? Any problems with it please tell me.
What amp do you use?

the neck is pretty thin, but they can vary. so if possible, try before you buy. i just jammed for the first time with a buddy of mine yesterday and he loved it and was actually surprised at how thin the neck was. i use a peavey classic 50 and it sounds awesome through that amp, especially the cleans. i'm upgrading to a jcm 900 because i need a little more gain. the neck pickup still screams through the classic 50 though. i haven't had any problems with it since i've had it. it stays in tune and like i said neck pick up = pure sex

any other ?'s ask away
Sounds great! I will definitely try it out more. Which color did you get? I dont want to get black, I have two pure black guitars, Im looking for something more colorful. I love the sunburst but it is so common about guitarists.
Gibson's QC is sketchy nowadays. I wouldn't recommend a Studio unless it's one you picked out and liked at a store - and then take home that one. Not one from the store room and not one that they order for you.

When they're good though, the Studios are the best of Gibson's standard line-up of Les Pauls if you ask me. Especially since they've discontinued the Classic.
^ True that about Gibsons QC nowadays. The early 90's were a great time for Gibson guitars, go for one of those used if you can find it. I was lucky enough to buy my LP Studio new in '92 when they were doing things like putting ebony fretboards on Studios (I paid around $600 for it, new). I still have it and it's my go-to ROCK guitar. I have a great PRS, but the Gibson can just kill the PRS in "balls". The neck PU is smooth but raunchy. It's a lifelong keeper.
1977 Gibson Les Paul Special DC
1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2006 PRS CE22
2006 Fender American Telecaster Deluxe
2006 Gibson Songwriter Deluxe Acoustic
Orange Rocker 30 Amplifier
More pedals than I know what to do with...
Quote by scmavl
^ True that about Gibsons QC nowadays. The early 90's were a great time for Gibson guitars, go for one of those used if you can find it. I was lucky enough to buy my LP Studio new in '92 when they were doing things like putting ebony fretboards on Studios (I paid around $600 for it, new). I still have it and it's my go-to ROCK guitar. I have a great PRS, but the Gibson can just kill the PRS in "balls". The neck PU is smooth but raunchy. It's a lifelong keeper.

This is true. Early '90s Studios kick major ass.
I own a Les Paul and will still tell you not to get one. Their prices are a joke. The headstock logo must be awfully expensive because the guitars alone are nowhere near worth the price. I bought my LP Custom almost 20 years ago. I thought it cost a lot then. Now it's just pathetic. IMO modern Les Pauls are for posers. Save yourself some cash and get a better guitar, a Carvin CS6.
Nowhere near as heavy as a strat? that's a good joke. My Epi Les Paul is heavy as ****.
GEAR

VOX AC15 / AC4
Fender MIM Sunburst Strat
epiphone les paul custom in white
Yamaha FG730s
The Tweak-O fuzz pedal
Quote by Flying Couch
Gibson's QC is sketchy nowadays. I wouldn't recommend a Studio unless it's one you picked out and liked at a store - and then take home that one. Not one from the store room and not one that they order for you.

When they're good though, the Studios are the best of Gibson's standard line-up of Les Pauls if you ask me. Especially since they've discontinued the Classic.

i agree.
and discontinuing the classic was one of the dumbest things gibson could do IMO
you should get an epiphone elitist, i've never played one but i've only heard good things about them
I've also heard great things about the Elitist. They say it has better quality control than gibson. All the parts are the American parts that Gibson uses, it's just made in Japan. The finish also is Polyeurothane, unlike gibson's nitrocellulose. But the Elitist's don't have the chambered body that the studios have.