I was learning whole lotta love by Led Zeppelin and the solo sounds weird. I am playing it full speed but I cannot pull off at all. Is that why it doesn't sound as good? And also what are some tips for pull offs especially for like 15p14. I can do stuff like 2p0.
Thanks
A clean legato lick and a sloppy legato lick sound worlds apart. I learned how to clean up my legato technique by playing metal core. Also play Scales except use pull offs/hammer ons instead of picking.
you pull of 15p14p12 there, by putting index on 12, middle on 14 and ring on 15. pulloffs are easier when in baseball bat position ( 'rock position' as opposed to classical (or I'd almost say modern metal) position (which is also used in jazz, sooo, lets just call it the other one!)) and basically what you do is you pulloff both the ring and the middle finger in a fluid motion right after eachother.

maybe you should try not playing it at full speed until you can do the pulloffs?^^

edit: oh when you say you cannot pulloff at all, you mean you're picking all the notes? yea that sounds more sloppy because two hands are more out of sync then one hand
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Ok that really clears it up. So pull offs really are important lol. Better get practivicing,
Thanks.
In the solo to Since I've Been Loving You (Zep) there's this standard lick really which goes
8 11 8 8
10 10 8 10 8 8
10 10 8 10 8 8
10 10

etc all the way down and back up again

they're all triplets, you can pick them all but by using hammerons pullofs when the notes are on the same string its a great exercise
then again by picking them all is a great picking exercise

^^

edit: bugger space rape. ehh

8-11-8----8-----------------------------------------
---------10--10--8-10-8----8----------------------
-----------------------------10--10--8-10-8----8--
-------------------------------------------------10--10
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina