Right now i'm playing a standard Fender Strat.
I love everything about my strat EXCEPT how the strings slightly get out of tune when i use the tremolo.
So, i've recently been checking out the Super Strat, which is more versitile because it has 24 frets instead of 21, allowing me to extend an entire 4 octaves up from the lowest E, w/o having to bend 3 steps up from the highest C# to achieve the 5th E octave. That starts to become a pain in the ass.
And it also has a Floyd Rose Tremolo with tune locks at the nut and micro-tuners at the bridge to keep the strings in tune even after excessivley using the tremolo.
But, the only problem I'm having is choosing a brand (esp, ibanez, kramer, etc...) because they're are so many different characteristics in each brand of Super Strats.

Could anyone gimme some advice on what would be a good brand to pick and and what type (example: MH450). And mabey describe why that's a good choice.
My price limit is $1,000.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
you sir, are the master of UG because of your ability to post while at the same time riding a unicycle and drinking beer.
Last edited by |||D'Yer Mak'er at Dec 4, 2008,
Quote by |||D'Yer Mak'er
Right now i'm playing a standard Fender Strat.
I love everything about my strat EXCEPT how the strings slightly get out of tune when i use the tremolo.
So, i've recently been checking out the Super Strat, which is more versitile because it has 24 frets instead of 21, allowing me to extend an entire 4 octaves up from the lowest E, w/o having to bend 3 steps up from the highest C# to achieve the 5th E octave. That starts to become a pain in the ass.
And it also has a Floyd Rose Tremolo with tune locks at the nut and micro-tuners at the bridge to keep the strings in tune even after excessivley using the tremolo.
But, the only problem I'm having is choosing a brand (esp, ibanez, kramer, etc...) because they're are so many different characteristics in each brand of Super Strats.

Could anyone gimme some advice on what would be a good brand to pick and and what type (example: MH450). And mabey describe why that's a good choice.
My price limit is $1,000.

all depends what your mainly playing. id go with an ESP superstrat. just because alot of there super strats are damn sexy. but if your not into active pickups, then maybe an ibanez or a kramer might better suit you. show me some pics of what your interested in

im starting to think about it now, and i kinda want a super strat
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Quote by Onlywayout
Ibanez tremolos suck. hardcore.

the ibanez issued floyd do? or their standard ibanez tremolos?
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

yeh i've played an esp ltd MH450 a couple of time. actually, it's the only super strat i've played. but i couldnt affored it at the time, since then, i've looked at different one's from ibanez, kramer, and yamaha. but i havent played any of them. i was hoping some of you guys have, and could gimme some tips on a brand or two.

and to answer the question about my style of playing, i play ALOT of blues rock, but want to incorporate more tremolo in my solo's. my standard strat make's that difficult because when i got back to my riff's, some stings are sharp, and some are flat. i hate it.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
you sir, are the master of UG because of your ability to post while at the same time riding a unicycle and drinking beer.
Id say go with the esp, ive never really cared for the necks on ibanez guitars, not to mention i dont like their acoustics either, but thats a different story.

I'd go with the ESP. They are pretty good, the guitarist in my brother's friends band plays one.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Hell, with that money, you can score either an S470, a Jackson DK2M, RGR1570, RG2550Z...just goes on.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by |||D'Yer Mak'er
yeh i've played an esp ltd MH450 a couple of time. actually, it's the only super strat i've played. but i couldnt affored it at the time, since then, i've looked at different one's from ibanez, kramer, and yamaha. but i havent played any of them. i was hoping some of you guys have, and could gimme some tips on a brand or two.

and to answer the question about my style of playing, i play ALOT of blues rock, but want to incorporate more tremolo in my solo's. my standard strat make's that difficult because when i got back to my riff's, some stings are sharp, and some are flat. i hate it.

I don't know how bad you want a new guitar, but for the tremolo problem, locking tuners are always an option...
2007 American Deluxe Strat
Crate Palomino V32 - 1x12
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
Maxon OD-808
Check out some Schecters, man.
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
Jackson SLSMG, DK2M,SLSMG all of these guitars should suit your needs.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
I made an actual superstrat.

2006 Fender American Deluxe Strat, Maple neck w/Rosewood fretboard, 22 frets.

Dropped in a Floyd Rose Original Bridge, no licensed crap.

Got a humbucker in the bridge (Bare Knuckles-Miracle Man)

Push-pull pot so I can get single coil tones when I need em.

It also has an S1 switch cuz it's an American Deluxe, so I can run the pickups in series or parallel, making for all kinds of tonal combinations.

In short: I have the smoothest, most unique, and most bad ass looking, sounding, and playing guitar of anyone I've seen.

so..don't do what I did. Cuz it absolutely kicks ass, and I love seeing people pick up superstrat imitators then complain because they don't compare to the awesome guitar I have.

HAHAHA one more thing..I really can't wait for anyone to quote this and complain about how full of myself I am. I'm really not. I just love my guitar. And even if you do bash on me online..who cares..my guitar's amazing.
Quote by Pacarazzi
I made an actual superstrat.

2006 Fender American Deluxe Strat, Maple neck w/Rosewood fretboard, 22 frets.

Dropped in a Floyd Rose Original Bridge, no licensed crap.

Got a humbucker in the bridge (Bare Knuckles-Miracle Man)

Push-pull pot so I can get single coil tones when I need em.

It also has an S1 switch cuz it's an American Deluxe, so I can run the pickups in series or parallel, making for all kinds of tonal combinations.

In short: I have the smoothest, most unique, and most bad ass looking, sounding, and playing guitar of anyone I've seen.

so..don't do what I did. Cuz it absolutely kicks ass, and I love seeing people pick up superstrat imitators then complain because they don't compare to the awesome guitar I have.

HAHAHA one more thing..I really can't wait for anyone to quote this and complain about how full of myself I am. I'm really not. I just love my guitar. And even if you do bash on me online..who cares..my guitar's amazing.

good for you i guess
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Onlywayout
Ibanez tremolos suck.

Don't judge a whole brand based on the Edge III. That's like refusing to get your leg over the best looking babe you ever met because her Mum's ugly. Higher end Ibby trems are amazing.

I say get an S series or RG, or customise your own.
1000 bucks?

Ibanez RG Prestige. /thread =)
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
thnx for the help so far :]
since i posted this, i kinda got my eyes set on the esp horizion 2 series. but who knows? i might change my mind. lol
but thanks none-the-less! :]
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
jackson dinkys and soloists
ibanez- edge zero or edge pro trem models perferably avoid edge III
esp-idk
Kramer made some goo guitars back in the day not so much now.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube