Hey guys..

well ive been playing guitar for 5 years now.. I am really into the chilli peppers but i am wanting to learn WAAY more songs than just them.. I already know alot of rhcp, jimi hendrix, eric clapton, deep purple and a few songs from other various bands..

Could you please name some good well known songs that i could possibly try learn.

Cheers
white room
Quote by Hypnotisation
I cannot leave this thread alone. I cannot get over the sponsored fap. Out of curiosity, can i ask how your mum decided to pay for your fapping material? Why can't you just get it free? WHY?

Quote by Jericho114
Can you suck your own dick also?
5 years are you're still covering just a few bands?

By 2 years years I was past learning songs and was writing my own...

Do you improvise at all?
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
some ACDC, Ozzy, Hotel California, Van Halen. Depends, what are you into?
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

try the doors

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Yea i do improv but i cant make riffs,, i never took music at school so i no bugger all theory..
Umm i have learnt a few metallica songs but not many

err.. i am into old stuff like Jimi Hendrix, Cream, Stevie Ray, Deep Purple.. then thers foo fighters, rhcp, incubus
though the fire and flames ( I had to ) uh pink floyd song comfortably numb brain damage are good songs
Van Halen and Guns N' Roses all the way man. They are in my opinion the best good old hard rock bands.
The Fall of Troy is a great band although i dont know if you will like them. Same with Tera Melos.
Ya-Yo Gakk by Steve Vai.... i almost shat myself the first time i heard that song
Dream Theater = "The auditory equivalent of masturbating into a cup and then smelling it."
Judging from the list you gave you seem to be into really good guitarist, so I would recommend Belief or Neon from John Mayer(really fun to play) I dont need no doctor from Michael Scofield/John Mayer, Anything from Stevie Ray Vaughan - Empty Arms or Texas Flood. Layla from Eric Clapton, but you probably know that already. If you like more rock style guitar try songs from Alter Bridge, other than that, just try to learn songs you like, cause those are the most fun to play.
Staceys mom
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
5 years are you're still covering just a few bands?

By 2 years years I was past learning songs and was writing my own...

Do you improvise at all?

Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by Jericho114

i gotta sig it
Quote by Hypnotisation
I cannot leave this thread alone. I cannot get over the sponsored fap. Out of curiosity, can i ask how your mum decided to pay for your fapping material? Why can't you just get it free? WHY?

Quote by Jericho114
Quote by frusciante_funk
Yea i do improv but i cant make riffs,, i never took music at school so i no bugger all theory..
Umm i have learnt a few metallica songs but not many

err.. i am into old stuff like Jimi Hendrix, Cream, Stevie Ray, Deep Purple.. then thers foo fighters, rhcp, incubus

So you've never taken a riff from a song you know, noodled around with it, and made it into somthing completely different?

You don't need any music school. Learn note intervals and learn a scale or two. Here, I'll start you off:

e-3-------
b-3-----6-
g-3---5-6-
d-3---5---
a-3-4-5---
E-3-----6-

Move it around the fretboard. You'll have 10 riffs in an hour.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Last edited by Garou1911 at Dec 4, 2008,
sorry if someone has already suggested this but COVERS THREAD
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
I agree with the guy using the Chrono Trigger picture that you should ask in the suggest a song thread.

But, to be helpful too, check out Tush or Blue Jeans Blues from ZZ Top's album Fandango (great album, btw). Also, Cause We've Ended As Lovers by Jeff Beck (he is God, not Clapton, so listen to him now if you don't already).
Quote by fatgraymatt
I love metal but death metal's just a bit too much for me. The most I can get into is serious-illness metal.
Quote by birdman267
schmidty,
I care
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
If I had an axe that could make well formed vaginas I would go out a lot less.
Quote by ak10
Judging from the list you gave you seem to be into really good guitarist, so I would recommend Belief or Neon from John Mayer(really fun to play) I dont need no doctor from Michael Scofield/John Mayer, Anything from Stevie Ray Vaughan - Empty Arms or Texas Flood. Layla from Eric Clapton, but you probably know that already. If you like more rock style guitar try songs from Alter Bridge, other than that, just try to learn songs you like, cause those are the most fun to play.

someone needs to stop using limewire. lol. its John Scofield off of his album That's What i Say.
Broaden your horizons
Learn to fingerpick
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
learn some Radiohead. (Pablo Honey, The Bends, OK Computer, era.) I think you'll enjoy learning those.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.