Hey guys, I am just wondering how the Line 6 amps sound. I was thinking of getting this one:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-III-75-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103944773-i1168992.gc

but I can tell that it is different from other amps, its got its own presets and sounds and that might be a problem. And someones review confirmed it.

4 Star Rating

Pretty good amp. Good for metal and shredding. Like most modelling amps, u could use a 200 dollar guitar or a 3000 dollar guitar and you wouldnt hear much difference. I would reccomend to someone that is beggining or on a tight budget. Sounds nice on hardcore,emo,metal,or classic rock etc. A good buy.

And I am about to get a new guitar and I wouldnt want that to mess up the awesome new sound and tone of it. Anyone have suggestions or comments?
I had a line 6 as my first amp and it served my needs for a while they I wanted a new amp.
i like my spider iii, i wouldnt use it for anything but practicing and recording though
Quote by kurt18th
i like my spider iii, i wouldnt use it for anything but practicing and recording though

This.

And if your loyal to line 6, like i am, and in the future if you need a Gigging Amp, get a Spider Valve, really good.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
The spider sucks, don't get it.

What's your budget and what tones are you going after?

I'd put what money you have for a guitar towards an amp since it's more important to your tone, unless your current guitar is totally unplayable.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Put on your asbestos underwear and get ready to be flamed. Most here dont think much of any of the spiders. They seem cool for a while but their long term reliability is pretty low. Theres alot better for the money.
Quote by MattAnderson111
This.

And if your loyal to line 6, like i am, and in the future if you need a Gigging Amp, get a Spider Valve, really good.

or a pod x3 live just got one to replace my 75watt spider. all the extra features are a big thumbs up.
Don't bother with the Spiders. They aren't really all that bad in their own right, but there are just better amps out for the money. Their higher end amps, the Vetta specifically, are phenomenal though. I haven't used one personally, but I've heard from various people I know that the Spider Valve sounds pretty good too.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
They aren't the best amps out there. Theres better but if you are a beginner and don't have a lot of cash it works. The vetta and spider valve isn't worth it to me either. Because when you get in that price range theres certainly much better amps. Modeling amps try to sound like other amps... but one amp that sounds like itsself is better. Especially a good tube amp.
In that price range for modeling look at peavey's new modeling amps. Same price peavey vypyr. Sounds better too.
Quote by hcsn2008
In that price range for modeling look at peavey's new modeling amps. Same price peavey vypyr. Sounds better too.
That and the Roland Cube. I'd personally just get down to the local music store, try some amps out, and see what you like best.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by Ferrets!
That and the Roland Cube. I'd personally just get down to the local music store, try some amps out, and see what you like best.

Yeah, he needs to hear it for himself. If a lot of people here played the amps instead of going by what people say or what's popular a lot more people would be coming out with solid state amps that aren't modeling amps. Because they sound so much better.
Quote by hcsn2008
Yeah, he needs to hear it for himself. If a lot of people here played the amps instead of going by what people say or what's popular a lot more people would be coming out with solid state amps that aren't modeling amps. Because they sound so much better.

based on that everyone on here would have gotten a peavey valveking and mod them like no tomorrow
eh i dont like the valveking. I'd even prefer a lot of solid state amps over it. And I'm a tube amp guy.
Wow lots of responses. Well its hard to take advice from this because it keeps shifting between people that like them and dont like them. I am not a beginner, I have tried the Line 6 amp, and I think I am going to get another amp.
I currently have a VOX amp, it is decent, has the basic options, but I think I could get something much better. Please recommend other good amps, what you like about them, what is unique about them to you.
Quote by NEX44
Wow lots of responses. Well its hard to take advice from this because it keeps shifting between people that like them and dont like them. I am not a beginner, I have tried the Line 6 amp, and I think I am going to get another amp.
I currently have a VOX amp, it is decent, has the basic options, but I think I could get something much better. Please recommend other good amps, what you like about them, what is unique about them to you.

Well if you aren't a beginner it might be time to go for the real stuff... Get yourself a tube amp. Most of the people you probably listen to are using tube amps. Look at what amps they are using. The peavey 6505/5150 is pretty much the go to metal amp. 120 watts of tube power. They can be found cheap used. 1200 new for a 6505+
if you really wanna step up overall. get a peavey triple X. or a JSX these amps are amazing for the price. i would gladly choose them over any mesa dual rectifier(and i did )