so, I'm recording a song, and I pull out my favorite P-bass that has perfect action to lay down a Bass line... and, low and behold, my action is through the roof... anyone else have this problem?
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
It's winter. Going from a cold car, to hot house, to a humid studio is going to mess with the neck.

It happens. Just have to deal with it.

Thermoberic Gig bags are out of the question.
Last edited by Captain Insano at Dec 4, 2008,
Quote by Captain Insano
It's winter. Going from a cold car, to hot house, to a humid studio is going to mess with the neck.

It happens. Just have to deal with it.

Thermoberic Gig bags are out of the question.

it hasn't left my apartment once. This is what happens every winter, my bass necks get messed up and I get a terrible cold for a week.
I thought maybe we could have a jovial (sp?) discussion about how much winter sucks for bassits because we gotta resetup our instruments every winter.
Yeah lol it sucks big time
but you deal with it ya know
it's not that big a problem.

Love the Low end
Yeah, Miss G did and she wrote a thread about it too

Yeah, my '51 Precision reissue got killed action-wise. And it has that stupid phillips neck butt truss rod adjustment and I couldn't herc it too far past it's point. It's much better now, but still a wee bit bowed.

BTW your action didnt change - your neck bow did.

My graphite-reinforced Jazz and steel-reinforced Warwick are perfect.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I actually look forward to setting up my basses during winter. Its kind of a ritualistic thing.
call me crazy...
but... when the neck bow changes, doesn't the action change? Now I'm just confused.

This bass has got it back, the fretboard looks all dried out and gross. What type of oil would you guys recomend?
Quote by thefitz
Yeah, Miss G did and she wrote a thread about it too

Yeah, my '51 Precision reissue got killed action-wise. And it has that stupid phillips neck butt truss rod adjustment and I couldn't herc it too far past it's point. It's much better now, but still a wee bit bowed.

Underneath the damn pickguard? Who the hell thought that was a good place for it.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
I had to take the neck off...

Anyway, what I meant was adjusting the bridge won't help anything. Adjusting the neck and neck alone will take care of everything.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
I had to take the neck off...

Anyway, what I meant was adjusting the bridge won't help anything. Adjusting the neck and neck alone will take care of everything.

Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat