yes, and no.

I had it before I got my rec. It's not bad with pedals. With the right EQ it sounds okay. At high volumes it cracks, it's not too bad especially when 3 you can play in front of like 300 people and still hear it in the back.
Epiphone Les Paul w/ Dimebucker
Fender Strat w/ Texas Specials
DD-3
TS-9
Crybaby from Hell
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
BF-3
HBE Psilocybe
CH-1
Digidelay
Digitech Whammy
Mesa Triple Recto
Marshall 1936 2x12
well if youre gonna buy that amp, make sure you get it from musiciansfriend.com, its much cheaper there then that link you provided. i'd recommend a line 6 spider III 120 instead, though.
Quote by IHI MaSTeR IHI
well if youre gonna buy that amp, make sure you get it from musiciansfriend.com, its much cheaper there then that link you provided. i'd recommend a line 6 spider III 120 instead, though.
Don't do this. You won't be much better off than with the Fender. Personally, I'd just save a little more money and buy a decent Tube combo like the previous guy suggested.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by Ferrets!
Don't do this. You won't be much better off than with the Fender. Personally, I'd just save a little more money and buy a decent Tube combo like the previous guy suggested.

The fender tube combo is cheaper, sounds better, and will be louder.
This would be much better/cheaper.
2007 American Deluxe Strat
Crate Palomino V32 - 1x12
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
Maxon OD-808
I wouldn't get the Spider either personally but if you want to buy my FM212 I'm selling it for $275. It's practically brand new. Loud and does work well with pedals.

What kind of music to you play?

PS: love the Pumpkins
Quote by Taniel_24

+1 to that
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Taniel_24

agreed. tube > solid state. trust us on that one.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
Quote by Taniel_24
+1 to the V-Series.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
I own this amp. It was the first amp I bought at age 14. It's servicable for electric guitar, but picks up a little hiss with pedals, and sort of flattens the sound of an acoustic. I consider it an amp for beginner rockers on a budget. I don't like it myself for live stuff for where my playing is at right now, but it is gigable and good if you're starting. I upgraded mine after about a year and a half for a Hot Rod Deluxe. It's a pretty amp. Personally, I'd invest some money in one of those, they go for about 1400 AU, and you'll make it back up with the gigs you'll get. Better sound=more gigs for you and more repeat customers.

The Crate V Series would also be a nice choice, as mentioned above.

Also important is what sort of music you're playing.

I live in Australia too and could sell you mine second hand if you want it. It's as new. PM me if you want.
Last edited by Bar-bq at Dec 5, 2008,