How would I use a Bad Monkey (or any OD pedal) to boost or drive my BBE free fuzz?
Would I order my effects like this:
Guitar->wah->bad monkey->free fuzz->clean amp
or should i have the bad monkey come after the fuzz? And what should i put the settings at on the BM? Thanks.
Usually the drive after the fuzz works better, driving the fuzz usually results in an unusable mess of a sound.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Usually the drive after the fuzz works better, driving the fuzz usually results in an unusable mess of a sound.

Ditto. I used my fuzz as a straight up distortion before I had a footswitch (just at home not gigging) and decided to try to tighten in up with my friend's TS9. Epic fail...
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
Actually, I run my TS-808 into an Octavio, which works pretty well. I would keep the drive knob down on the bad monkey, and mainly just use it to boost the volume going into your fuzz. But there really aren't any set rules for an effects chain. What might turn into an unusable wall of noise for some people might be someone else's perfect tone.
I've been wanting to try it with my Keeley, but I"ve yet to get a link cable. I'd imagine little to no gain on the BM, and Volume high to drive it.