well, behringer seems to receive a lot of flak on the forums for overrating their products wattage... but their bass overdrive pedal, is that thing worth picking up? It's only 30 bucks
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
My main concern is reliability. Some of them sound OK, but there made of plastic.

Plastic = Not Durable.
hmm... that doesnt seem like to big of a problem... i take good care of my stuff, and its cheap so I could always buy another if it breaks
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
You get what you pay for. I use a Boss ODB-3 but it's almost 3 times the price.
There's a reason why it's so cheap ya know.
If you think about it, you're better off buying something you won't have to replace, aka not a behringer.
Quote by tona_107
There's a reason why it's so cheap ya know.

yes, and the reason is, IT'S A TRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPP!1!!!1!!1!1

Serious about that though, people buy them for the low price and then they need to be replaced a few months later. The digitech bass driver would be a good alternative. Sure, they're not the best sounding pedal ever, but the sound is pretty good, and they are very reliable and relatively cheap.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
You really think a $30 plastic pedal is going to be good? Really?

Especially when they sell Behringer happy meals with 3 pedals in one box?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I have one of these pedals. It's ****. there's no other word for it, it's ****ing crap.
Save your money and buy a boss pedal or a big muff
ODB-3 FTW!

Ha.....behringer.....When are people going to learn?

Imagine your playing a gig.....Here comes the overdriven bass solo!!!!!!

Oh wait you just put your foot through the pedal.......

Please, i'm sure im like others. When using pedals, trying too go lightly never works, it never turns on the effect......Meh, go BOSS....Sounds good, fairly cheap, compact, amazing amount of tone shaping, robust, heavey.....need i carry on.....OH RELIABLE
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
You get what you pay for. I've ownded a lot of behringer pedals. They sound about as good as most boss or digitech as a rule--decent sound--nothing amazing.

They plastic case is fine in terms of durability, probably better than some metal pedals like the ibanez things that break all the time.

BUt the electronics are pretty damn cheap and, despite the protection offered by the casing, the pedals tend to stop powering up/introduce extra distortion/noise into the cirucuit. The plastic jack mounts are also far more prone to breaking than on most pedals.

Don't buy one planning on it to last forever, it will very likely stop working not too far down the road.
Why would you buy an ODB-3? I'd rather have a Behringer overdrive...
You can't comment on gear until you have tried it!
Quote by dullsilver_mike
They sound about as good as most boss or digitech as a rule--decent sound--nothing amazing.

No... Just no.
Quote by budget bassist
No... Just no.

When you consider how bad the boss overdrive, this isn't so unfair. Behriger pedals to boss bass pedals is on of those 80/20 situations. 80% as good for 20% of the price. Tone wise, I don't think you can do much worse that the boss without trying very hard. I own one. However, I would never put the Behringer into a reliability comparison with the Boss.

In reality, I would recommend anyone to save up more and get a really good overdrive. If you are picky about tone, you will only want to upgrade later anyway.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by budget bassist
No... Just no.

Yes. I've owned a lot of gear, cheap and decent. Sound quality is as good as boss and digitech. Obviously there are gem pedals from each company that are exceptional, but in pure sound behringer pedals are generally right at the same level as pedals costing 2-3 times as much.

That doesn't excuse their terrible build quality and resulting low reliability, but it's true. Extensive personal experience (with a pretty discerning ear)--not the hearsay most people use--has confirmed this.

I don't buy behringer gear anymore because the pros don't justify the cons, but overall sound and amount of features on behringer signal processing is worth much more than the price. Other factors just bring the value back down-way back down.

Behringer bass amps, on the other hand, do have terrilbe sound quality.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Yes. I've owned a lot of gear, cheap and decent. Sound quality is as good as boss and digitech. Obviously there are gem pedals from each company that are exceptional, but in pure sound behringer pedals are generally right at the same level as pedals costing 2-3 times as much.

That doesn't excuse their terrible build quality and resulting low reliability, but it's true. Extensive personal experience (with a pretty discerning ear)--not the hearsay most people use--has confirmed this.

I don't buy behringer gear anymore because the pros don't justify the cons, but overall sound and amount of features on behringer signal processing is worth much more than the price. Other factors just bring the value back down-way back down.

Behringer bass amps, on the other hand, do have terrilbe sound quality.

I disagree monumentally, my behringer overdrive pedal sounds abolutely horriffic
Quote by budget bassist
I disagree monumentally, my behringer overdrive pedal sounds abolutely horriffic

And so does the Boss.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
^ no, muffs aren't bad. Though, if you want to actually be heard in a band setting, get a bass muff
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by kugelspot
^ no, muffs aren't bad. Though, if you want to actually be heard in a band setting, get a bass muff

But the bass muff is as bad as the odb-3 and the russian models still cuts lows. Go fulltone overdrive.
Check out the Sansamp Bass Driver aswell.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Quote by rasinañte
But the bass muff is as bad as the odb-3 and the russian models still cuts lows. Go fulltone overdrive.

I like you.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Actually, if you like the general Big Muff tone, the bass big muff is easily the best solution short of boutique muff based pedals.

It isn't respected around here because people seemed to be expecting some godly fuzz. Instead, they got a Big Muff that worked with bass. Chances are, most people who aren't bandwagon jumping just don't like the muff tone. Before you all attack me, I hate the muff sound as well. However, I know people who found the bass big muff to be a godsend.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1