when i was 14 i used that same guitar tone, until i found out "mids" actually did something
Your song was okay, but your tone sounds like an old man coughing... and not even a phlegmy chest cough - more like a really dry cough... that lasted about 4 minutes long.

Turn the mids up and distortion down.
Quote by charger356
Your song was okay, but your tone sounds like an old man coughing... and not even a phlegmy chest cough - more like a really dry cough... that lasted about 4 minutes long.

Turn the mids up and distortion down.

Yeah I don't excactly like that tone either lol. But I have updated my tone using a Line 6 Spider III and on our new recordings that will be finished soon I am using that!!
it has promise, thats for sure, but that tone is bad, are you dropped tuned?? it sounds like it, it`s more death sounding then thrash, thrash tone has more of a metallic sound to it, remember gain isn`t everything, if you don`t have the tone to back it up.

work on it re record it and re post this, i like your work i really do, that tone is just bad though. if your down tuned tune back up, my band is 1/2 step down at Eb
Oh we're in Eb dude. And it does sound very thrash to me. TestAmenT uses Eb on occasions. But yes I will keep all of you updated!