I respect this guy a lot, but you can tell he has a ego(maybe has right to?) hes one of the best as people say but the songs are almost no good. Only song that's good is that trilogy. Whats you take on this guy? by the way i didn't hear of him just now lol.
LOL
He sucks and so does his name and so does his music. He has never made a good song and he is way too arrogant.
have you heard black star or any of his stuff off marching out ? it's amazing
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
have you ever listened to his songs with singers? his work with jeff scott soto and joe lynn turner is great
razor eater was a fantastic song... his music is kinda boring but the guys got talent..

the new album was decent to imo/.
Quote by exect4500
have you ever listened to his songs with singers? his work with jeff scott soto and joe lynn turner is great

He has parts of songs where he can turn them into a riff for a whole. He knows a lot of theory but just about every song is lead which is fine but when he plays a riff or some chords then solos, a lot better.
LOL
i like it when he playes the 2 guitars with both hands....or was that some other guys name i cant pronounce :/
I really enjoy all of his stuff, but i do think alot of his stuff is recycled licks, his improvising sounds the pretty much the same most of the time, nice if he could add more variety to his playing, though he is very good at what he does.
still need to get his latest album.
The guy can play well, but I agree in terms of songs to casually listen to on a regular basis, he's awful. His music is the sort of stuff you listen to three songs of to go "holy crap!", and then you forget about it two days later and never listen to it again.

It's the same with lots of people, Vai, Satriani, the Dragonforce guys... they can play like Satan's bastard offspring, but their playing never really goes anywhere, and just because something is impressive doesn't mean it's enjoyable. Really Hendrix is to this day the only guy that's ever mastered both impressive technical playing paired with a good melodic sense and appealing song writing.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I think he's great. I enjoy listening to him. Music is too subjective. There's no point making threads like this about something everyone obviously won't agree on.
Not a huge fan of bees
Quote by MrFlibble
The guy can play well, but I agree in terms of songs to casually listen to on a regular basis, he's awful. His music is the sort of stuff you listen to three songs of to go "holy crap!", and then you forget about it two days later and never listen to it again.

It's the same with lots of people, Vai, Satriani, the Dragonforce guys... they can play like Satan's bastard offspring, but their playing never really goes anywhere, and just because something is impressive doesn't mean it's enjoyable. Really Hendrix is to this day the only guy that's ever mastered both impressive technical playing paired with a good melodic sense and appealing song writing.

What Flibble said, except for Satch, and a couple of Vai's songs.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Dec 5, 2008,
Quote by MrFlibble

I hate seeing Satch get labelled as a shredder, he really doesn't fit. He doesn't even really shred, though he is more than capable of doing so when the song calls for it. In my opinion Satch is exponentially more musical than any of the famous shredders and his songwriting is far better. Listen to his new album for proof, it's his most melodic playing yet.
songs that i like :-
Fire and Ice
I am a Viking
Air (Instrumental)

thats all that i like (from his songs),
otherwise i like his vibrato style
Quote by B. Jammin
I hate seeing Satch get labelled as a shredder, he really doesn't fit. He doesn't even really shred, though he is more than capable of doing so when the song calls for it. In my opinion Satch is exponentially more musical than any of the famous shredders and his songwriting is far better. Listen to his new album for proof, it's his most melodic playing yet.

I don't think that Satch has better song writing skills then John Petrucci, Paul Gibert, Jason becker, Buckethead, Rusty Coolney, Zakk Wylde, John 5, and yes even Herman Li (not sure even even makes the song.. more like Sam does)
Quote by B. Jammin
I'd like to point out that not once did I use the word shred in the post of mine you quoted.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
I'd like to point out that not once did I use the word shred in the post of mine you quoted.

The names you listed with Satch are shredders though. Anyways I wasn't really specifically targeting you, I was just trying to make a general statement. Sorry if you saw my post as an attack.
Last edited by B. Jammin at Dec 5, 2008,
Quote by Squish
i like it when he playes the 2 guitars with both hands....or was that some other guys name i cant pronounce :/

Michael Angelo Batio.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by The ZenOfShred
I don't think that Satch has better song writing skills then John Petrucci, Paul Gibert, Jason becker, Buckethead, Rusty Coolney, Zakk Wylde, John 5, and yes even Herman Li (not sure even even makes the song.. more like Sam does)

Thats quite possibly the most out of control thing I've heard all day.

THOSE PUNKS FROM DRAGONFORCE OVER SATCH!?!?!?
Gibson.
If Sariani doesn't belong on that list then Vai doesn't either. Although on his solo albums he's a bit too enthusiastic sometimes (about horses and babies for instance lol!) his work in bands is like, wow.

Besides who wouldn't want to be on Vai's label? Well? ^^

And for that measure Paul Gilbert shouldn't be on there either. Scarified? Eudemonia Overture? etc

now Michael Angelo Batio *does* belong on that list
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Quote by mikeman
He sucks and so does his name and so does his music. He has never made a good song and he is way too arrogant.

ive never felt more attracted to you in my life
Malmsteen is incredible. Its not so much a big ego it's he is very confident in how well he plays and when he talks it gets lost in the translation because he english isn't his first
language.

my favorite song by him is Resurrection
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by Squish

That's Michael Angelo Batio lol

Yngwie... I like some of hi's, not all though Desu~
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by ThrashIsGreat
Thats quite possibly the most out of control thing I've heard all day.

THOSE PUNKS FROM DRAGONFORCE OVER SATCH!?!?!?

Yeah, pretty much. I'm not saying they are better , I'm saying I enjoy their compositions more.