I just bought a used ibanez usa custom electric guitar and i cant find serial numbers on it. Or any info about them on the net. this one is mettalic charcoal gray color. Are they a they a good all around guitar. and what are they worth. I paid 450.00 for it. thanks
that would be a 30 year old guitar (or close to it)
no idea bout serials. take of the neck see if its on its heel.

otherwise no idea.. at all
*Enter Sig Here*
Need more specs.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by Hale_91
that would be a 30 year old guitar (or close to it)
no idea bout serials. take of the neck see if its on its heel.

otherwise no idea.. at all

If it's a USAC it's probably around 15 years old. Jemsite has some interesting articles on them:

http://www.jemsite.com/ibanez.html (starting at 33).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Thanks for the replies, I went to the jem website and looked at some of the pictures and it just seems like, for being a usa custom it seems like it would be a lot more custom than it is. Do you think that some one put some usa custom guitars on another type of guitar. I have enclosed a couple of pics to see what you guys think.(Invalid img) (Invalid img)
Attachments:
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
Quote by dtru
Thanks for the replies, I went to the jem website and looked at some of the pictures and it just seems like, for being a usa custom it seems like it would be a lot more custom than it is. Do you think that some one put some usa custom guitars on another type of guitar. I have enclosed a couple of pics to see what you guys think.(Invalid img) (Invalid img)

I've never seen an Ibanez with that body style.

Also, getting a decal is a matter of typing "guitar decal" into google:

http://www.best-decals.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_19_13&products_id=67

Also, the pickups and hardware looks like the type used on Ibanez' low end GIO series (or pretty much any other budget electric).

The neck plate and the plates covering up the cavity don't look very Ibanez-like, either. On top of that, most USA Ibanez guitars have Floyd Rose style trems and graphics or figured tops.

My guess is:

-that's a random guitar body with a cheap Ibanez neck with a USA Custom decal
-neither the body nor the neck are Ibanez
I've seen that guitar on sale on eBay for about 80 bucks. They copy the Ibanez headstock and leave it blank while making the body sort of resemble a Jackson or ESP/LTD. Neither the hardware nor the PUPs should be any good. My bassist's father buys those all the time for birthdays and Christmas and does a complete hardware swap and custom set-up just to make them sound like decent guitars.
But uh... I'd say you got ripped off for about 370 bucks there, mate.
"Take chances. Do not go through life wishing, instead go through life remembering. There are too many possibilities out there to let them just pass you by. Above all else, have FUN. You only live once, enjoy it while you can."
Truthfully it doesn't look good. The logo on the HS looks cheesy to me and I can't ever remember seeing a body like that on any Ibanez. Can you get a closer pic of the neck where it meets the body. It could just be an Ibanez neck put on some other body. I use Ibanez necks a lot. The logo easily comes off most with a little rubbing compound. I have to say I think older Ibanez's were not serialized so that creates a problem identifing them.

John
Quote by johnro6659
Truthfully it doesn't look good. The logo on the HS looks cheesy to me and I can't ever remember seeing a body like that on any Ibanez. Can you get a closer pic of the neck where it meets the body. It could just be an Ibanez neck put on some other body. I use Ibanez necks a lot. The logo easily comes off most with a little rubbing compound. I have to say I think older Ibanez's were not serialized so that creates a problem identifing them.

John

Ibanez started putting serial numbers on their guitars after 1975. Some American Masters have a sticker or nothing at all, but these are oddities.
Looks like a raped JS series...

but seriously, it's some kinda phoney, is my best guess. Truss rod cover, body shape, decal...all really unfamiliar.

Sorry to see, mate

If you bought it from a shop, go in and ask where they got it, what is it, etc?
Not sure what that is, but its NOT a USA CUSTOM. I own and play one, and i have never seen one that didnt have a locking nut or Lic Floyd on it.

That body is not a USA Custom either, they were RG style bodies. Sorry to say, you been had.

Send it back if possible..
- Kramer Stagemaster
- Kramer Pacer Custom 1
- Ibanez USA Custom EW
- Jackson SlatQH Soloist
- Martin D-41
- Breedlove artist
- Marshal JVM410 w/1960a 4x12
- PodXT live
I agree with the above most ibanez have serial numbers on the back of the headstock
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Sounds like you got ripped off for what it is.. Talk to the guy that sold you it.
Ibanez Prestige RGA321SPB