Page 1 of 2
Keep up with the news or world events? I watch CNN and Fox News every day and check the websites all the time. It's like an addiction..i swear lol.
It's too depressing
Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
Quote by silversoulcage
Keep up with the news or world events? I watch CNN and Fox News every day and check the websites all the time. It's like an addiction..i swear lol.

Fail.
You're*
How 'bout that economy.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Ninemsn is my home page, so I just quickly browse through the latest happenings before advancing to any other pages.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
I did for like a month. Then I realized every day brought the same articles and stories over and over again.

I never could afford more than one newspaper.
Quote by JC13
I don't watch TV much, but I almost always have a news station on in the background while I do anything else. Haha, I check out some news websites as well, but no newspaper reading for me. It really bugs me if I don't get a chance to do either, I feel disconnected from the world. :|

Agreed. I feel empty if I don't keep up with something from day to day lol.
yeah I watch ye good old 6:00 o'clock news with Chris 'Bathy' Bath.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Ichikurosaki
My news all comes entirely from UG and Sxephil.

Did you know Hawaii has recently been renamed Pineapple Island?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
You know that most stations that broadcast news are owned by the same corporations? Therefore they show you what they want to show you and you don't get the real facts behind things... I finished watching Zeitgeist : Addendum for the second time tonight and it goes over that in the movie... Now I really do enjoy reading the news and keeping up to date with current affairs, like our situation in parliament in Canada at the moment, not sure how much info everyone else gets, but do you ever wonder what they keep from you when you're reading an article about a certain current affair?

Kind of on topic but I highly recommend going to www.zeitgeistmovie.com and watching Zeitgeist : Addendum and the original Zeitgeist movie as soon as possible... And if you're wondering why I'm going on about this movie it's because I feel that I should infect as many people as possible with this knowledge as I can, otherwise I'm just a sucker
Quote by Edgeworth08
You know that most stations that broadcast news are owned by the same corporations? Therefore they show you what they want to show you and you don't get the real facts behind things... I finished watching Zeitgeist : Addendum for the second time tonight and it goes over that in the movie... Now I really do enjoy reading the news and keeping up to date with current affairs, like our situation in parliament in Canada at the moment, not sure how much info everyone else gets, but do you ever wonder what they keep from you when you're reading an article about a certain current affair?

Kind of on topic but I highly recommend going to www.zeitgeistmovie.com and watching Zeitgeist : Addendum and the original Zeitgeist movie as soon as possible... And if you're wondering why I'm going on about this movie it's because I feel that I should infect as many people as possible with this knowledge as I can, otherwise I'm just a sucker

And YOU realize that the majority of the conspiracies brought up in Zeitgeist eventually lead to a conspiracy involving aliens being responsible for genetically engineering humans, right? And the people who create this movie also most likely believe in that.

..Just saying.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

i watch the local news.

its good that you watch both CNN and Fox cuz CNN is way liberal while Fox tends to lean conservative. that way you get a somewhat good view of both sides.
Viking/Folk Metal Group <--Join!
Quote by telemonster
I dont get the whole EMO thing.....kinda like vountering to get your ass kicked.

Quote by Night_Lights
What idiot puts Randy Rhoads and Dimebag above Hendrix in any guitar list?
Quote by Guitarlord44
well they were both better than hendrix
Quote by Zapht
i watch the local news.

its good that you watch both CNN and Fox cuz CNN is way liberal while Fox tends to lean conservative. that way you get a somewhat good view of both sides.

I've actually noticed that myself.

I've even heard people say Fox News is racist lol.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
And YOU realize that the majority of the conspiracies brought up in Zeitgeist eventually lead to a conspiracy involving aliens being responsible for genetically engineering humans, right? And the people who create this movie also most likely believe in that.

..Just saying.

Is that the Nibaroo theory you're talking about. Caz that **** is pure nonsense.

..Just saying.

Heh lol, Nice. Edgeworth08 has been exposed.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by silversoulcage
Is that the Nibaroo theory you're talking about. Caz that **** is pure nonsense.

Nibiru. Which is mainly based on mistranslated tablets from a group of people who existed before 1700 BC.
Quote by silversoulcage
I've actually noticed that myself.

I've even heard people say Fox News is racist lol.

I think PBS does the best job at delivering unbiased news.
Quote by vintage x metal

Have you ever actually watched the film? In no way does it talk about aliens and a conspiracy about that... It explains the corruption behind the monetary system and if you would watch the movie you would know that, why not try and be a little open minded... You must be one of those religious people who feel christianity is the true path to god when many numerous religions that pre-date it have so many similar attributes to Jesus...Oh but then you would think the devil made them to fool us into following him right?
Quote by Edgeworth08
Have you ever actually watched the film? In no way does it talk about aliens and a conspiracy about that... It explains the corruption behind the monetary system and if you would watch the movie you would know that, why not try and be a little open minded... You must be one of those religious people who feel christianity is the true path to god when many numerous religions that pre-date it have so many similar attributes to Jesus...Oh but then you would think the devil made them to fool us into following him right?

I'm aware that it doesn't bring up aliens, but I can guarantee by the time they're finished with the series of films, that's where it's heading. That's where it always heads when the federal reserve, the CFR, Rockefellers, etc are brought up. From there it goes into the free masons, then to the illuminati, to the knights templar, to what really happened in the bible, then trends in Egypt and how that relates to Sumerian mythology, which leads to the annunaki. Trust me, I've read enough David Icke to know what I'm talking about. It will lead there.

And actually, I'm an atheist. I just don't trust anybody who agrees with David Icke. Besides that, I know how gullible people are when they hear someone use big words and big concepts. All the things in Zeitgeist came from existing conspiracy theories, all Zeitgeist did was popularize them.
Quote by vintage x metal

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Dec 5, 2008,
'Zeitgeist, The Movie' and 'Zeitgeist: Addendum' were created as Not-for-Profit expressions
to communicate what the author felt were highly important social understandings which
most humans are generally not aware of. The first film focuses on suppressed
historical & modern information about currently dominant social institutions, while
also exploring what could be in store for humanity if the power structures at large continue
their patterns of self-interest, corruption, and consolidation.

The second film, Zeitgeist: Addendum, attempts to locate the root causes
of this pervasive social corruption, while offering a solution. This solution is not
based on politics, morality, laws, or any other "establishment" notions of human affairs,
but rather on a modern, non-superstitious based understanding of what we are
and how we align with nature, to which we are a part. The work advocates
a new social system which is updated to present day knowledge, highly influenced
by the life long work of Jacque Fresco and The Venus Project.

I got that off of the statement page of the website... do you read anything about reptilian humanoids ruling the world? Seriously tell me have you actually watched either movie? From the way you're expressing your opinion it doesn't seem you have
Also if you're an atheist then I would imagine you would enjoy these movies because it talks about the irrelevance of religion in todays society
I have watched it. But when you start talking about conspiracies, you'll want to dole out your crazy in small portions
Quote by Edgeworth08
Also if you're an atheist then I would imagine you would enjoy these movies because it talks about the irrelevance of religion in todays society

I don't think that because I'm an atheist I have any right to comment on whether or not someone's beliefs are irrelevant.

Read this, it's all in there.

I'm really big on conspiracies, I get the feeling this is where Zeitgeist is headed. Actually, Rule by Secrecy by Jim Marrs would probably be more accurate to Zeitgeist than Icke, but not as fun.
Quote by vintage x metal

And have you seen Zeitgeist : Addendum? If so I'm just curious as to how you can disregard anything they say as just some conspiracy without looking into the facts on the matter... If you haven't I must say I personally enjoy Addendum more because it doesn't focus on conspiracies but on how we can help the whole world... why not try to make the world better for everybody, we certainly don't get everything we have for cheap because people enjoy living in poverty... As long as I have convinced at least one person to watch the movie then I'm satisfied, but I'm done rambling back and forth for the night
ive seen zeitgeist and it never mentiones aliens once but rather insists that the worlds governments are blinding us with media.
Quote by telemonster
I dont get the whole EMO thing.....kinda like vountering to get your ass kicked.

Quote by Night_Lights
Quote by Guitarlord44
Quote by Zapht
ive seen zeitgeist and it never mentiones aliens once but rather insists that the worlds governments are blinding us with media.

I know it doesn't mention aliens. But it will get there eventually. The bit where it talks about the one dollar bill, and the Federal Reserve.. that has to do with the freemason symbols used on the dollar bill. Which leads to the conspiracy that there are secret organizations which have forgotten information dating back to Egypt and Sumeria.

A lot of New World Order theories involve the Annunaki.

And no, I've never seen the second one. The first one pretty much treaded old ground I've read about before, so I assume the second one covers things I've read about before, too. Even if it does leave certain things out.
Quote by vintage x metal

sounds alot like the movie "the day the earth stood still" where they say there are alien hideouts in the pyramid.

i havnt seen any hard evidence of aliens but i have seen hard evidence of government tyranny.

im not going to/trying to disapprove any of this alien crap. its still fun to watch and think about so why dont you link me some movies or sites with alien conspiracies.
Quote by telemonster

Quote by Night_Lights
Quote by Guitarlord44
Well I'm just so shocked that you haven't seen the new one... For your information it covers the monetary system, how money is created and how because of money we automatically have a debt... It's definitely not about some symbols and secret societies that are controlling everything... The most interesting part on it is about the Venus Project which you can read about at www.thevenusproject.com, I highly recommend you do... That has nothing to do with any conspiracy but with how we can harness the technology of today to create a sustainable society for everybody, not just people in America but all around the world
Quote by Zapht
sounds alot like the movie "the day the earth stood still" where they say there are alien hideouts in the pyramid.

i havnt seen any hard evidence of aliens but i have seen hard evidence of government tyranny.

im not going to/trying to disapprove any of this alien crap. its still fun to watch and think about so why dont you link me some movies or sites with alien conspiracies.

I've never seen an alien conspiracy movie, other than the occasional documentary they'll have on the History Channel. I have to disregard most alien theories, though. Things like Roswell are stupid. It happened in 1947, two years after the war ended. During this time, things like Project Paperclip gave us a lot of Nazi technology.. The Nazi's had a flying disc on paper, and may have had one actually built. It seems to me, that if there was anything in Roswell being flown around in the shape of a U.F.O. it would secret military equipment, and if they were test flying Nazi machines.. they wouldn't exactly want it getting out that they were allowing Nazi's to go free.

Besides that, two weeks after Roswell the C.I.A. was formed. What does the C.I.A. do? Counter intelligence. They're going to want alien stories to spread.

But if you like conspiracy theories, like I do.. go to your local bookstore, go to the speculation section.. and go wild.
Quote by Edgeworth08
Well I'm just so shocked that you haven't seen the new one... For your information it covers the monetary system, how money is created and how because of money we automatically have a debt... It's definitely not about some symbols and secret societies that are controlling everything... The most interesting part on it is about the Venus Project which you can read about at www.thevenusproject.com, I highly recommend you do... That has nothing to do with any conspiracy but with how we can harness the technology of today to create a sustainable society for everybody, not just people in America but all around the world

Yes, and I'm sure it mentions the only two presidents who ever created a debt free money system, IE: Lincoln and JFK were both assassinated. And how Oswald's wife said the answer lies within the Federal Reserve. But these theories usually lead one of two ways.. Aliens, or anti-Zionist movements. So I don't need to watch it, because really.. I already know all the things covered in the movies.
Quote by vintage x metal

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Dec 5, 2008,
I listen to NPR sometimes and read the paper. But I can't say I have much trust in the media. I think conspiracy theories are a good thing, because they keep your opinions in check. I'd much rather get stoned and watch Micheal Tsarion talk about crazy ****, whether it's true or not, than watch Bill O'Reilly make a douche out of himself every night.
Well I've been reading up on this Reptile-humanoid guy and he kind of sounds crazy... And about your debt free money system, since when did JFK make the debt go away?? Gotta get your facts straight if you wanna discuss this... and also it doesnt talk about them getting assassinated, and definitely no talks about Oswald, it does talk to a person they call an economic hitman which is really interesting and not overly surprising... It seems you've read this David Icke stuff a little too much, there's no anti-zionist movement at all and I don't see where you could get that from... From what I've read about David Icke in the last little while was that he heard some spirit or something tell him he's destined to heal the world, not to mention the reptile people running the world... This movie is a little more logical than that, just stop hating and give it to the film why don't ya...

Also why don't you back up your claims with proof so I don't have to waste my time explaining why what you say doesn't have relevance to what I'm talking about
I love abc world news now, and I'm always reading about other countries and stuff.
Oh yeah, truthism^

if reptile humanoids were real, then some of us would have to be cold blooded, right?
Last edited by Z_cup_boy at Dec 5, 2008,
Quote by Edgeworth08
Well I've been reading up on this Reptile-humanoid guy and he kind of sounds crazy... And about your debt free money system, since when did JFK make the debt go away?? Gotta get your facts straight if you wanna discuss this... and also it doesnt talk about them getting assassinated, and definitely no talks about Oswald, it does talk to a person they call an economic hitman which is really interesting and not overly surprising... It seems you've read this David Icke stuff a little too much, there's no anti-zionist movement at all and I don't see where you could get that from... From what I've read about David Icke in the last little while was that he heard some spirit or something tell him he's destined to heal the world, not to mention the reptile people running the world... This movie is a little more logical than that, just stop hating and give it to the film why don't ya...

Also why don't you back up your claims with proof so I don't have to waste my time explaining why what you say doesn't have relevance to what I'm talking about

I didn't say JFK made the debt go away. He was planning on issuing a debt free money. Which wouldn't have been good for the banks which made up the federal reserve.

It does have relevance. These conspiracies are all tied up into things that are stupid. Why bother?
Quote by vintage x metal

to be honest I completely despise conspiracy films.

How does the narrator know all of that stuff anyway?
I watched Zeitgeist for the first time just now. I've been hesitant about watching it, for the very reasons Jack Off Jill mentions.

But it turns out it's an interesting documentary/conspiracy theory video, that brings up some incredibly valid points - when they got to the fed, I was afraid they'd begin ranting austrian school of economics bull****, but it didn't stear off it's path and finished with bravour. Very nice.

But as always keep an open mind. Just focus on the main points they try to bring forward

EDIT: Gonna watch addendum now
Last edited by AllTimeNewbie at Dec 5, 2008,
Page 1 of 2