you just really can't recommend a pick, everybody likes different ones, no matter what style you play. I really like the dunlop tortex 0.6mm picks..
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
really thick ones,

But I use fender Extra heavy celluloid pics I also use Dunlop tortex 1.5 or bigger pics

EDIT: also a good kyser capo is always worth it
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
The dunlop with the grips. I can't remember what they're called, but I've always used and loved those. The tortex ones are nice as well, and basically you can't go wrong with Dunlops, as they don't break easily (I say this because Fender picks have a nasty habit of pretty much exploding if you strum to hard)

Size is all up to you. And as for a capo, you could always get the Kyser one. I've used it and it's the same as any other capo and gets the job done.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
Any pick thats at least 1mm thick.
Gear:

Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special /w EMGs
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960 B Cab

Check out my band...

as long as they are 1mm thick and not to bendable (like nylon) the picks are ok with me (that is for playing metal, for classical I use 0.6mm nylon)
i recommend you Dunlop Jazz pick III
they're great
Quote by .smudged.
Sex is overrated, try World of Warcraft.
I also recommend Jazz III picks. I just switched over to these after many years of using Fender Heavys. you can play more technically accurate with Jazz III's.

The only problem I have with these is that they are just a little too stiff. Does anyone know if there is a pick with the same size and shape with a little less stiffness?
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
yeah i think thered ones are less stiff
and find the jazz II instead of III
Quote by .smudged.
Sex is overrated, try World of Warcraft.
I had switched to the Jazz lll, but I could not keep them from slipping in my hand. I sanded them, cut them and they slipped. I switched to the purplish Tortex and like them better. About the same size as jazz lll, but no slippage.