Does anyone know if this is compatable with xbox live? BT is a total joke..cant even contact someone there.
All broadband/dsl is compatible with xbox live you might need to change some settings in your router for some but the provider isn't the problem - internet is internet.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
That's all there is for cable

Really? They don't often even have proper fibre optic cable....
Quote by Jackolas
Really? They don't often even have proper fibre optic cable....

Nobody does, you'd be suprised. Even in the US nobody offers FTTD (fibre optic to the door). The networks' fibre optic, but the coaxial that goes to your house is still more reliable than the copper wire BT and sky use...

/broadband nerd
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Nobody does, you'd be suprised. Even in the US nobody offers FTTD (fibre optic to the door). The networks' fibre optic, but the coaxial that goes to your house is still more reliable than the copper wire BT and sky use...

/broadband nerd

True! If you ask me BT are just lucky they own all that damn copper wire. If it wasn't for broadband they would be much less profitable I assume, now people use mobiles as much as landlines.
Quote by Mezzo4te
Does anyone know if this is compatable with xbox live? BT is a total joke..cant even contact someone there.

If you can browse the internet from your PC, then I highly doubt doubt that bt is blocking your xbox traffic.

Xbox config is much more likely to be the issue. If you are using wireless to connect your xbox to your router, try using a network cable instead to eliminate the wirless as being the problem.

And if you want to switch provider, then you are going to have to contact BT anyway to get your migration code so that you can give it to your new provider.

+ Sky are a bunch of d*cks
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
I cant get cable, and bt said i was over usage amount so gave me a 400 quid bill when i got it half yearly they should have contacted me to explain i didnt realise and they send no terms and conditions of the contract. they also slowed my broadband down, despite taking their most expensive package (i use a lot of xbox live and transfer band recordings a lot) so this should have also been stipulated in a contract and they should have legally made me aware of such a contract over the phone. In addition they have messed up my phone bill a lot over 5 years so ive had it (despite the horrors of migration). Sky is only 20 quid a month for everything.
Quote by Mezzo4te
I cant get cable, and bt said i was over usage amount so gave me a 400 quid bill when i got it half yearly they should have contacted me to explain i didnt realise and they send no terms and conditions of the contract. they also slowed my broadband down, despite taking their most expensive package (i use a lot of xbox live and transfer band recordings a lot) so this should have also been stipulated in a contract and they should have legally made me aware of such a contract over the phone. In addition they have messed up my phone bill a lot over 5 years so ive had it (despite the horrors of migration). Sky is only 20 quid a month for everything.

don't forget to ask BT for your MAC code or you will have a 14-day 'cooling off' with no internet connectivity.

Virgin have launched a national service to rival sky as well, if you call them up and say sky offered you whatever they will most likely match/beat it to get your custom.

BT are a joke =/