Yesterday, my friend and I were walking down the stairs when I jumped down about 10 steps. My landing was ok, and I wasn't hurt 'cause I was grabbing the handrail. I then dared him to do it, he said he's gonna do it without holding on to anything, just a free jump down 10 steps. Just before he was gonna jump I shouted "STOP!" but it was too late, he was already in mid-air and landed on one foot first. He collapsed and screamed out, I asked him if he was hurt, he said that his right thigh was numb. I then called the ambulance immediately.
The X-ray scan showed the his right femur was broken in two pieces. Now I feel like complete ****. He was a great tennis player, tennis was his life. He was going to play the final match in the local league this Sunday.
He went through an operation the same night and they put some sort of titanium nails in his thigh.
I visited him this morning, he said it was alright, he was like "Hey, this is life, can't do anything about it"

I dunno, flame me all you want, I just wanted to share this with someone.

tl;dr
I dared my friend to jump down the stairs and he broke his femur.
Lol you dared him to do it - you didn't make him. It was stupid but it was his decision so meh, don't worry about it. And he's young so it should heal just fine - especially if he's still growing.
Nice job, dream killer.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
You only dared him to jump, it was his own idea to jump without holding onto anything.

Quote by Xiaoxi
Nice job, dream killer.

Haha
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
You win lol!

Me and my mate were having a lightsaber fight with empty beer barrels while drunk one night and I'd stopped and was putting the barrel down when he smacked the top of my barrel with his. My hand was caught in the middle and I broke it in 17 places. The same guy broke my other hand with his face when I punched it a year earlier. I wear gauntlets when near him now.
Quote by korinaflyingv
it's probably a good idea to shout "STOP" before he jumps
just bear that in mind for next time

That's what I did, but he ran and jumped. I mean, you know when someone tells you not to do something even before you do it but its too late?
Maybe he can be in the paralympics.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by jmilli2
You win lol!

Me and my mate were having a lightsaber fight with empty beer barrels while drunk one night and I'd stopped and was putting the barrel down when he smacked the top of my barrel with his. My hand was caught in the middle and I broke it in 17 places. The same guy broke my other hand with his face when I punched it a year earlier. I wear gauntlets when near him now.

I think someone is lying, beer barrels are to heavy to lift that high, especially while drunk.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Hartman, you're both hilarious and horrible, all at once
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Quote by Birchall17
I think someone is lying, beer barrels are to heavy to lift that high, especially while drunk.

Empty beer barrels and were not talking movie style acrobatics lol
Quote by Roookie
He was a great tennis player, tennis was his life. He was going to play the final match in the local league this Sunday.

And who was he supposed to compete against?

I'll tell ya! You!

This was all a clever scheme to eliminate your opponent so that you'd get the first prize! He was better than you!

*narrows eyes and stares at Roookie*

I'm on to you...
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

well hes got titanium plates in there so it should heal up perfectly and pretty fast since he's young...he'll start walking therapy after 6 weeks or so...
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by BloodMoon666
And who was he supposed to compete against?

I'll tell ya! You!

This was all a clever scheme to eliminate your opponent so that you'd get the first prize! He was better than you!

*narrows eyes and stares at Roookie*

I'm on to you...

No man, not funny. =_=
Quote by Insanitydenied
Hartman, you're both hilarious and horrible, all at once

I get that all the time, but the 'hilarious' part is new to me

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
You should have caught him, asshole.

Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
I once dared my friend to jump from the first floor balcony. Gues what, HE DIDNT DO IT! So, its not realy your fault.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
You ruined his life. The injury will affect him forever, and ruin any career in tenis he hoped for, way to go.
Quote by funkynasoo
i can promise you that if u give him a blow job he'll probably forgive you. you may have to wear a wig though and pretend your called nancy

you had the same problem once?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Why did you yell stop anyways?

ANd how do you break a bone like that from 10 steps? He must have hit the ground in the worst possible position.

Although I had a similar experience, I had tore part of my achilles tendant.