EMG 81 + 60
3 19%
Seymour Duncan Blackouts
10 63%
Other (please specify)
0 0%
Voters: 16.
Hi,

I'm planning on changing the pickups in my LTD M200FM over Christmas and would like some solid advice....If you're gonna tell me that EMGs suck or that Blackouts kick ass then could you please give me a reason?

Oh and just so you know, I use this guitar for metal, pretty much exclusively, so think Lamb of God, Children of Bodom, Machine Head, and so on....

And in terms of amp, I don't have it yet, but over Christmas I will be getting a new amp too, which will be something like a 6505, a dual rectifier or one of the engl ones.

Cheers
You should try to search, there has been at least one thread on EMG's vs Blackouts, I don't own a guitar with active pickups so I won't root for one or the other, but if I remember correctly the Blackouts were a bit more versatile.

In summary: searchbar
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I just installed an EMG 81 and 89 (I Highly reccomend the 89 over the 85 for neck) in my epi SG 400 and it sounds pretty nice, i am happy with the results. If youve only got one guitar I would not recommend EMG's but if you have multiple axe's, then I'd consider them for one of your guitars as their pretty brutal but in a good kinda way.
RG's & Mesa's
I dont know man. I play the same exact things of you and I would opt for the EMG's. At the time it was my only guitar and I have no regrets. The only thing I regret is not having EMG's in my newest addition to the stable.