Basically i've bought this SG Body

And I want to fit a strat style neck into it.

Now the neck pocket is full depth, so i'll have to fix a solid shim to raise it by about 13mm.

But there's no gap between the heel of the neck and the pickup cavity.
Does anyone know if this will present a problem ?

Because the neck just about fit into the pocket with a small 1-2mm gap between the neck and the pickup cover.

---------------------

Also I know the scale of the neck. And that the 1st-12th fret length has to be the same to the bridge.

But is it to the bridge or to the saddle (I plan on using a tune-o-matic bridge & saddle) and to which part of the bridge/saddle i.e Front, middle back??
thats made for a set neck. i suggest doing what it is designed to do as anything else will most likely be a problem.
A bolt neck in that body might work might not. As the bridge isnt mounted it can be moved for the scale length. But without some wood at the heel of the neck it might flex to much. And may not be enough support for the standard neckplate set up. By the looks of it the 2 lower screws will be down in the middle of the pickup cavity. The SG has a pretty short section for the neck pocket. A long tenon set up could be used but not with a premade strat neck.
I personally think this is easily doable,
but to be sure, can you please measure from the top of the neck humbucker route to the end of the pocket, i want to know how long the pocket is basically.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
also, you could always glue it and screw it in, basically like a set bolt on neck
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
ok...
its a set neck body. Looks like a LTD viper actually...
You can use a bolt on, just make shims.
You will have to get the scale length correct, the ditance between the nut and the 12th fret must be the same as the distance between the 12th fret and the saddles. Once thats all right, your good to go

Jack the frog, thats just spam
because this thread is about his guitar, not yours. It's not a matter of selling anything, It's the fact that it's not necessary to post pictures that have no direct influence on the OP at all.
------

Shwiggity.