I was listening to 'John and Theresa Solo Spot' by Dream Theater from Live Scenes. I thought that the improvised guitar solo sounded incredible, and the synth being played by Jordan Rudess enhanced the sound of the guitar solo. Therefore, I created a backing track for guitar improvisation in a similar style.

Listen to the track in my profile

Edit: the whole song is 4 minutes because i doubled the length to make it longer. You don't have to listen to the whole thing.

C4C
Last edited by Echoplex at Dec 5, 2008,
Very cool man, I dig it a bunch. Defiantly an ambient piece, its got a very deep and spatial, if not borderline trippy feel to it. This is the kind of stuff I could loop for a week, and just stay relaxed.

P.S What did you use to create this?
Quote by DrivenMind
Very cool man, I dig it a bunch. Defiantly an ambient piece, its got a very deep and spatial, if not borderline trippy feel to it. This is the kind of stuff I could loop for a week, and just stay relaxed.

P.S What did you use to create this?

Thank you DrivenMind and Gibz for the comments. I created this song using Ableton Live lite 5 (terrible program actually) and an M-Audio midi controler.
I really like that. Have you heard "23 Go Into End" by Frusciante? There's bits of it that sound very similar, I think you'd really dig it:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YCxTW4sV4HI

Anyway, great work mate. You should try and get a job doing ambient music for a space sim or something, would suit perfectly!