Page 1 of 2
I was expecting a guitar to be delivered today. So, rather than go out with my mates like I was going to, I've stayed at home to sign for the items and was looking forward to ripping away the packaging and having a blast.

About half an hour ago, the van turned up. Now, normally in this situation, the driver would get out, get the goods out of the van, approach the house, ring the bell and wait for someone to answer the door, if not put an 'attempted delivery' card through the door. It seems this driver forgot the middle of this procedure and got out of his van, approached the house, put an 'attempted delivery' card through the door, jumped in his van and fecked awf.

He made no fucking attempt whatsoever to deliver the item. I have just wasted a day waiting for this prick to arrive. I've now got the choice of wasting my petrol and money, to go to the depot to collect the item myself, or waste another day on Monday.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.....
Infact... I seem to recall it being the same firm that did this to me before... Wankers...
Yea, call them and tell them you want to be compensated for the wasted day
yeah, call up the company and explain what happened, tell them to figure out who was on that shift, whatever.

don't be too pissed, it honestly isn't worth it. It'll come soon, and possibly with refunded shipping costs or something.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
I hate the way these bastards can hold you to ransom. If I see someone approaching and I am expecting an item I open the door straight away.
Phone the company and say you witnessed a man get out of his van to deliver a piece of paper. Hold your ground until you get a reasonable excuse, and if you don't get one, keep complaining until you get the delivery you asked for.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
let me guess, citylink?
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Oh, man. There's no end to the shit I'd give them.

And if you don't, I'll be very disappointed.
You're*
Quote by Bendybaws
let me guess, citylink?

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

I'm gonna have my lunch first... An opportunity to calm down, and then I shall ring them - I need to ring them anyway to say I'm coming to collect it, cos I'm at work on Monday, which would be the next redelivery date.

I'll say I've wasted a days leave from work, for someone to get out of their van and put a piece of paper through the door saying they tried to deliver something and so on...
Well, I rang them to tell 'em I was going to collect it tonight, via kicking off about the driver, but was disappointed to find myself talking to a computer. I'll have to save my rant til this evening...
I only have on response to this...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Sorry if I'm being a bit out of line with this comment but you could have opened the door or gone down to meet the fellow as soon as you saw the van pull up.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
I'd demand compensation for a days work. Seriously. Can't harm trying.
At least get delivery refunded.
(Providing you didn't just watch him from the window and not go outside)
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by goth clash
Sorry if I'm being a bit out of line with this comment but you could have opened the door or gone down to meet the fellow as soon as you saw the van pull up.

Dont bring logic to this forum.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Quote by goth clash

It's his bloody job to bring it to the door.
I hate lazy ass delivery guys... I caught one trying to just put an attempted delivery thing in my door, I was like

can i hep ya?
uhh... (he obviously had not been trained in what to say if caught)
*he runs to get package*

Some of those guys are way too lazy for their job
Quote by StratoTele
The punji sticks only work if you use your own feces. Most brand names aren't reliable.

All I gotta do is put on a cool face...
Quote by goth clash

No, I didn't just watch him do it.

I was sat watching TV and I heard the letterbox go, presuming it was the mail - I went opened the front door to get the mail from the porch, then realised it was an attempted delivery notice, as the yellow and green van disappeared down the road.

I didn't actually see him jump out of the van and stick that through the door and get back in. I extrapolated this from the fact that the doorbell was not rung.
You should have opened fire on him.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Just think .... that same man is now playing your guitar ... and licking the frets.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
they did the same to me with an fx pedal I bought, lazy ****er just carded my door and left and I had paid for saturday delivery. I wrote to them to complained and asked for compensation for having to take the morning off work for the redelivery, they wrote back saying that they don't offer compensation but the driver will undergo training
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by goth clash

this

I didn't actually see him jump out of the van and stick that through the door and get back in. I extrapolated this from the fact that the doorbell was not rung.

Maybe you didn't hear it because you were watching TV.

Anyway, it's not a big deal. It's definitely not something worth getting angry about.
Quote by Spamwise
this

Maybe you didn't hear it because you were watching TV.

Anyway, it's not a big deal. It's definitely not something worth getting angry about.

I definitley wouldn't have not heard the bell... I heard the letterbox rattle as he put the card through and the noise that makes compared to the doorbell is negligible.

I'm annoyed because I've waited in for the delivery (Took a days leave from work is what I'm gonna say to them) and now I'm being inconvenienced because someone can't be bothered to do their job properly. Why should I accept that?
When you heard the letterbox noise, why didn't you go outside and shout him?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by urbanfox
I definitley wouldn't have not heard the bell... I heard the letterbox rattle as he put the card through and the noise that makes compared to the doorbell is negligible.

I'm annoyed because I've waited in for the delivery (Took a days leave from work is what I'm gonna say to them) and now I'm being inconvenienced because someone can't be bothered to do their job properly. Why should I accept that?

You shouldn't, you should be pissed. How you deal with it is important though. You've calmed down now? Good. The way to go about it is to call up and calmly explain how pissed off you are, how you think this is unaccetable, etc. But for god's sake, don't crack it at them, no matter how much they dick you around. Also, remember it is your right to talk to the manager if you believe they are doing an inferior job. Which the driver obviously is.

Best of luck dude. Hope it goes well

Sanity is not statistical
Quote by R_H_C_P
When you heard the letterbox noise, why didn't you go outside and shout him?

I didn't run to the letterbox with great urgency. When I went into the porch to get it, the van was just disappearing around the corner at the bottom of the street.
ok all i got to say is....idoit(s)
serioulsy if your waiting for the deliever and your in the house...you obv see the person walking up to the door without the item.
Go to the dam door and say hi your in. instead of watching him put he letter threw the door then walk off....serioulsy your own fault lol
Quote by Martyson
ok all i got to say is....idoit(s)
serioulsy if your waiting for the deliever and your in the house...you obv see the person walking up to the door without the item.
Go to the dam door and say hi your in. instead of watching him put he letter threw the door then walk off....serioulsy your own fault lol

I didn't see him coming.

Even if I did see him, and didn't go to the door, there's still no excuse for him not to ring the bell and attempt to deliver the item though, is there?
Grab your chainsaw and go on a killing spree...Thats what I'd do.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Quote by urbanfox
I didn't see him coming.

Even if I did see him, and didn't go to the door, there's still no excuse for him not to ring the bell and attempt to deliver the item though, is there?

May i ask what was you doing at the time?
If you didnt see him comeing. Then how did you know he got out of the van walked over put the letter in the door and drove off?
Maybe he got out and knocked the door not knowing there was a doorbell?

But anyhow.If you want the guitar that much, I would go down get the guitar. Then give them hell. Cause they might crap in the box if you give them hell then get the guitar
Quote by Martyson
If you didnt see him comeing. Then how did you know he got out of the van walked over put the letter in the door and drove off?

But anyhow.If you want the guitar that much, I would go down get the guitar. Then give them hell. Cause they might crap in the box if you give them hell then get the guitar

I extrapolated the idea that he came out of his van and didn't bother trying to deliver, from the fact that the bell wasn't rung.

Even if he'd have knocked the door, I reckon I'd have heard it seeing as I heard the letterbox rattle.

When I rang them it was just a computer that I pressed a couple of buttons to say I was coming to collect it tonight, I shall notify them of the situation. I've already emailed them a complaint and the reply said they'll get hold of the manager to give the driver a bollocking.
Game over, man. GAME OVER!!!
It's so crazy in here you're gonna wish it wasn't so crazy in here!

1995 PRS CE
Fender 50s Classic Player strat
Johnson Millenium 150
Boss GT-6
Lol guys. I just want to tell you a cool story about my workday.

So today was a boring-ass day as any other(which is the reason I hate my job) and by the end of my shift I was so pissed I decided to **** over the last customer by slipping in an "Attempted" delivery notice under his door. I was tired as hell and I was supposed to carry a ****ing guitar to his door and wait for him?! **** that! So anyway. I put the notice under his door and drove away asap. Just around the corner of the street, I pull over, leave the car and take my binoculars. I went across the street behind a house corner and spied on the little kid. So I look into his room with the binoculars and I see the guy's fuming and making weird face gestures all the while typing something furiously. So at first I think that he's wanking or something but it turns out he's looking for some ****ing justice or something. Arrogant rich bastards, I say! Thinking they're the kings on the hill and everyone else is a bunch of lowlifes!

And I....

...****! I got a call from my boss! That ****ing **** tried to shove **** down my throat by complaining?! I'll ****ing murder the kid! Good thing I keep my axe under my seat. That bitch is gonna get it!!!

I'll post later with pics of the massacre.

Have a nice day/evening, y'all
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by Martyson

Have you even read this thread?!
He explained everything already.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
How far away is the depot?

You should defo complain about the guy. Maybe he'll think twice about being so lazy when his boss gives him crap about not doing his job
Quote by madbomber233
How far away is the depot?

You should defo complain about the guy. Maybe he'll think twice about being so lazy when his boss gives him crap about not doing his job

It's about a 10-15minute drive.

Quote by BloodMoon666

Lol guys. I just want to tell you a cool story about my workday.

So today was a boring-ass day as any other(which is the reason I hate my job) and by the end of my shift I was so pissed I decided to **** over the last customer by slipping in an "Attempted" delivery notice under his door. I was tired as hell and I was supposed to carry a ****ing guitar to his door and wait for him?! **** that! So anyway. I put the notice under his door and drove away asap. Just around the corner of the street, I pull over, leave the car and take my binoculars. I went across the street behind a house corner and spied on the little kid. So I look into his room with the binoculars and I see the guy's fuming and making weird face gestures all the while typing something furiously. So at first I think that he's wanking or something but it turns out he's looking for some ****ing justice or something. Arrogant rich bastards, I say! Thinking they're the kings on the hill and everyone else is a bunch of lowlifes!

And I....

...****! I got a call from my boss! That ****ing **** tried to shove **** down my throat by complaining?! I'll ****ing murder the kid! Good thing I keep my axe under my seat. That bitch is gonna get it!!!

I'll post later with pics of the massacre.

Have a nice day/evening, y'all

Oh, u
Quote by urbanfox

I understand that, it just frankly doesn't seem like it's worth getting mad over. If you had actually been working, then that's one thing. You can always chill with friends tomorrow, though. The fact that you would lie about that is pretty despicable, imo.
Page 1 of 2