Hi, I have been offered a trade for my epiphone sheraton,it would be a straight swap for a Gibson "the paul" 2 how much are they worth ?
are they any good ?
theyre pretty old yes? i shall consult my giant book of every guitar ever made

yea its worth around $600 us. i havnt played one, but thats the cheapest gibson ive ever seen (outside melody makers and juniors), so im guessing they would be something like the studio's. personally, i would take it, but thats just me
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Last edited by ihavenoname93 at Dec 5, 2008,
If its a Les Paul model, than yes. Even if you dont like it, you can sell it for quite abit to buy the gear you want.
Quote by Helpy Helperton
he's trying to be humorous les=the (plural) in french. Even though it is named after les Paul

no, this guitar is actually called the paul. unless you ment gibson was trying to be humorus?
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
yes from what I understand it was first made in the seventies and then reissued in the 90`s.
this is the 90`s version

That is a Gibson The Paul. I only found an image on a rare guitar website so I would do the swap if I was you. They look nice and probably play nice.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by Helpy Helperton
he's trying to be humorous les=the (plural) in french. Even though it is named after les Paul

'Fraid not

Up to you. No idea about an epiphone sheraton
the paul..basically if you imagine an epi elite model..its that, with less looks.
sold in local guitar shop yonks ago for 499, it was gd condition too
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
This might be of some help:

http://vintage-guitars.blogspot.com/2006/02/gibson-paul.html

I have owned a few The Paul guitars actually and bought and sold several as well. I never owned The Paul II they were made in the 90s. That link will give you the info you need to make your decision.

Sorry didn't realize someone else posted the link to the same web page.

John
Last edited by johnro6659 at Dec 5, 2008,
Thanks, I have had some good cash offers on the epi so not sure if to trade or not

Why not just play the Gibson and keep whichever one you prefer?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
i own one and was offered $1400 on ebay, but usually around 900-1200 (not market value)

NEVERMIND i have the paul I...sorry
Quote by customisbetter
I played a "the paul" for a few hours. It was my bowling coach's and we jammed for a while. Its a nice guitar. It was built for FEEL and SOUND rather than LOOKS. I really enjoyed playing it.

well based on this it sounds like i would like it
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I've played a "The Paul" about 5 years ago. It looked like a piece of furniture since it was plain dark stained wood. And it was definitely from the '70s. But, it sounded sweet through the 5watt Gibson tube amp that it supposedly came with. I think "The Paul" was supposed to be a student model.
Quote by random_B-RAD

That is a Gibson The Paul. I only found an image on a rare guitar website so I would do the swap if I was you. They look nice and probably play nice.

That's not like any "The Paul" I've ever seen.

This is a link to a "The Paul" like the one I used to have. Mine developed an unfortunate crack in the body that ran between the pots and I had to get rid of it. Before that, though, I really liked it. It had an ebony fingerboard which I found a harder, smoother material than rosewood. It was pretty fast and had great tone and sustain. I'd consider getting another after I get a couple other choice axes first.
Last edited by carpepax at Dec 6, 2008,