and I have to live off of these for the next 2 weeks.

any suggestions on how to fill my fridge with cheap foods that will last long?

take rice, for instance. one package of 2 euros can fill a person up for several meals.

I need more foods like this, if anyway possible with more nutritial variety. any suggestion?
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Dec 5, 2008,
-Other pasta (spaghetti or something)
-Canned goods (Beans are very good for you)
-No meats, only beans for protein.

I love my meat... But I have a feeling that I'll be an economic vegetarian next year...
pasta makes only more hungry
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Pasta.
Bread.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by alyxmelia
change it into pounds jkz

fill your fridge with rustlers . 0-tasty in seventy seconds

they dont have those here in germany
Buy Rice in bulk you get alot more. Also really cheap(dented cans etc) canned food. And if your guna buy pasta again get it in bulk and eat it plan without sauces on it itl still fill you up and give you energy. Dont forget to buy water aswell if you cant get it for free. you can lives for 2 weeks without food but only 3 days with no water
Quote by Guitarism12
Buy Rice in bulk you get alot more. Also really cheap(dented cans etc) canned food. And if your guna buy pasta again get it in bulk and eat it plan without sauces on it itl still fill you up and give you energy. Dont forget to buy water aswell if you cant get it for free. you can lives for 2 weeks without food but only 3 days with no water

tap water is all I've been drinking for 3 weeks
besides coffee, that is.
Noodles. I got some last year from Somerfield for 8p
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I think the question that should be asked is WHY do have have a food budget of 11 euro a week....
Quote by MossyMan
I think the question that should be asked is WHY do have have a food budget of 11 euro a week....

because I'm doing an internship for a university which hasnt even accepted me yet (need the internship for application) in a city far away from home. The unemployment money isn't here yet, and all of my guitar and piano students have taken holiday breaks unexpectedly. also, my parents are unemployed at the moment an I don't want to be mooching off of them.
I just ate ramen alot when I was broke. Usually breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sometimes I was too broke for ramen so I wouldn't eat for a few days at a time.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
the cheapest brand of supermarket beans/spaghetti etc, and bread - keep bread in the fridge and turn the temperature right down that means it wont go mouldy
I have awesome hair
I don't know if you have anything like this in Germany but over here there are some big wholesale stores (Costco) that give out free samples of food. You can walk around the store getting all the free samples. Leave and put on a disguise and go get some more free samples.
Quote by CoreysMonster
because I'm doing an internship for a university which hasnt even accepted me yet (need the internship for application) in a city far away from home. The unemployment money isn't here yet, and all of my guitar and piano students have taken holiday breaks unexpectedly. also, my parents are unemployed at the moment an I don't want to be mooching off of them.

can you get some temporary work?
Just leafleting or something? Just so that you have enough to maybe not starve?
You could always try busking, might make you some extra food money.
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Quote by big duck
can you get some temporary work?
Just leafleting or something? Just so that you have enough to maybe not starve?
You could always try busking, might make you some extra food money.

hm.. busking seems like an okay idea if I ever completely run out of food or money. a couple of euros can feed a man for a day.
temporary work wont do, i wont get money until the end of the month :/

I have about 6 students a week, got 15 euros for each student. most of the money went into the rent, and last week all of them told me they wanted a break for the winter, which came completely unexpected, hence my predicament.
I just need to hold out until I can go home for the holidays.
You can get eggs/meat etc cheap sometimes if it's only a day till its use by date.
I sometimes get free meat in the Tesco down the road from my Uni because of that.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Rice and pasta for carbs, canned beans etc. for protein and fibre. Look in the "bargain bins" at the supermarket. If there's a two for one sale, get two! Better yet, get more than two! Even if you might not use them, get them anyway if they're edible and you'll make yourself eat them. Again, canned foods will be your best friend in this situation. Cheap and can make great meals. Canned spaghetti or baked beans on toast is a great breakfast/lunch/dinner.

EDIT:
Quote by psychedelic14
Oatmeal.

And this! It's really filling and really cheap. You can even make it with water if you have no milk and it still tastes pretty damn good.
Last edited by fretsonfire74 at Dec 5, 2008,
Also, popcorn can be good for a snack as it's filling and cheap.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington