What do you guys think of this? I'm getting the MG amp for about 130,- and the Pocket Pod is about the same, i tried the Pod out with my MG15DFX amp(It's pretty ****ed up, input ****ed, it has sustained several hard blows to the front, but it caused the volume buttons to **** up too), and I liked the sound, squeals sounded mean as ****, and the sound was smooth & heavy, and i thought 75 more watts would mean louder mean sounding squeals etc. so what do you guys think? MG is a hated brand, and I know ALL ABOUT IT, but when the Pod got plugged in, it sounded amazingly better!
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
Yes, the MG is hated, but that doesn't mean you can't get a good tone out of it . I was able to get a good tone from an Ibanez RG370DX going through a Boss Mt-2 metalzone, and Digitech Ex-7 expression pedal using the greenback speaker cab model, and a boss EQ pedal. All of this went through a Line Six Spider III, which is hated just as much as the MG. However, i have a tone that is better than most solid-state amps, though it is not tube quality.
your money, your life...not ours.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
see, i dont see why everyone hates line 6 spider amps. the last gig i played, a band called Pariah was using Spider 2s, and my band used Spider 3s, and our bands pretty much stole the show. but yeah, my first guitar amp was an MG 30, and it was a big waste of money. I say, if you can use pedals and make it sound good, go for. I just dont like to depend on pedals. Notice i don't own any (except a dunlop wah)
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
If you like it, why are you asking us?

It's a sucky configuration in my opinion, a cheap multi-effects unit into a just as cheap, low quality solid state amp with built-in effects. Maybe you'll regret it later. Maybe you won't. Your call.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
I liked the tone, just wanted to get others opinion, but I tend to like tones that other people hate, I love Dimebag's & Zakk Wylde's tone
Gear:
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
MG15DFX amp(It's pretty ****ed up, input ****ed, it has sustained several hard blows to the front, but it caused the volume buttons to **** up too), and I liked the sound, squeals sounded mean as ****,

this i didnt understand
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
this i didnt understand

I'll help you, i have a MG amp already, I know how much it sucks, and even though my amp had damages due to...blows, it still sounded awesome with the POD, squeals were clean and sounded like pure zakk wylde crazyness, twas awesome!
Gear:
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
Quote by wyldelife
I liked the tone, just wanted to get others opinion, but I tend to like tones that other people hate, I love Dimebag's & Zakk Wylde's tone

Why would you get an MG for their tone?
MGs are usually bought because of the price not their tone. You get what you pay for. Hes getting a MG100 for 130 bucks which is all of 30 bucks more than my so-so little peavey practice amp cost. And as its used it may not last long anyways we all know how reliable MGs are.