Horrible idea.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
If you don't HAVE alot of money to spend, sure, it's thoughtful enough.

But if you're NOT skint then it's cheap, yes.

Basically what I was going to say, is this really your only option? Because if so go for it but if not you might wanna keep thinking.
A mix cd is a great present. I was completely broke last year for Xmas so I gave the following gifts; I got a key cut for a housemate, some old books that I hadn't read in ages, an IOU for 3 beers, etc.
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
haha, i had to re-read the original post, because i though you meant designing a special cover and a special message on the inside cover of the cd. Which I thought was brilliant, and when I write my own songs and record them, I shall be doing this for a few special people. But in answer to your question, no mix cds aren't "cheap" per se, but if you can afford it, get someone a gift with special meaning

Sanity is not statistical
If there are songs on there that you and the other person connect with, then its a great idea. Ive heard of lots of guys who get their lady friends a mixed cd with a bunch of special songs on there and they just love it. Its thoughtful is what it is.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU SPEND.

ffs.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
I Cum Blood anyone?
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by TooFast
I Cum Blood anyone?

c'mon, you can do better than that
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
My mum actually asked me to make her a mix CD of music I think she'd like but hasn't heard before. So it's not an unheard-of idea.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
If it's for your friend, I don't think it's too bad. But for family or a girlfriend, I think you might have to try a bit harder.
Quote by x_thurston_x
They better be damn special.

Break out your colored pencils and markers.

indie
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by Stumpo
Well its a little too late to start writing songs now (maybe for next christmas, Muahaha!)

I guess i'll have to think of new ideas, anyone with a link to a good christmas idea thread? :O

One of my friends asked me to give her a CD of me playing guitar. I got a week to do this. I've written seven songs in the past four days, I have three days left *she goes away on holidays for a month, so has to be now.* So it is possible, it's just a lot of work.

Mine has no lyrics though, just letting you know.
Quote by Minkaro
Schizophrenia rap?

*beatboxes*

I have schizophrenia, I talk to myself,
People startin' to doubt my mental health,
Maybe someday I'll get the help I need,
But till then don't be blamin' mah weed.

*scratches*
It is the thought that counts, right? I think I would appreciate a compilation.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3