Page 1 of 3
So everyone's favourite shop has gone bust. Which means mega deals for us, the wasted youth. I myself bought an Xbox 360 with extra bits, saving me £100 off the total price, to a cool £150...

anyone else grabbed a bargain?
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

Serious? I might gang rush the one in Canterbury for a Radio. Its a bit sad though I remember someone saying a while ago that everyone gets their first record from woolies and I was no exception.
Quote by urbanfox
Will they still be in existence on Monday?

I might have to pay them a visit

+1, I didn't know their stock was going cheap...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I was very sad to hear this, i'm gonna get my Christmas shopping done there because there is one close to my college, hoping for some good deals, might have to go to Wilkinson otherwise which will suck because for the last 3 years i've got my parents gifts from Woolies.
I cba to go into town today...do they sell anything anyone might want? I thought they just did halloween junk for kids these days?
I'm getting all my friends and familys xmas prezzies from there.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
I think with woolies going bust it's cost roughly 10,000 people there job's, that sucks big time.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Quote by Rolling_man
So everyone's favourite shop has gone bust. Which means mega deals for us, the wasted youth. I myself bought an Xbox 360 with extra bits, saving me £100 off the total price, to a cool £150...

anyone else grabbed a bargain?

Xbock's are going cheap?

How much,etc...

May have to get one as an Xmas present for meself
Quote by Daniel8488
I think with woolies going bust it's cost roughly 10,000 people there job's, that sucks big time.

Times that figure by three and you'll be closer.

It's too cold to go out today. Can't feel my hands as it is.
900 stores closing, lol sucks to be them.

I didnt know their stock was going cheap, definatly going to have to pay them a visit, are they open saturdays?

I cant help but lol at people that are saying 'oh this is so sad' 'wollies is a part of my childhood' etc etc

Wollies has been raping your wallet with their extortionate prices and now they have gone bust, why are you sad?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
guys go shoplifting there..A) the staff wont care B) the security will have been sacked C) AS long as you dont have burberry and kappa on you will have a good distraction.
Quote by JackalUK
Wasn't Theo Pathitis trying to buy them up?
He retracted his offer.
Quote by JackalUK

Yeah, I saw something about that too.
Now where shall we steal from?!

But honestly, sad I suppose. I'll go bargain hunting tomorrow if anything's left.
Quote by JackalUK

That geezer from Dragon's Den or something?

I didn't see many bargains in my Woollies. :/
Quote by sofubar

But honestly, sad I suppose. I'll go bargain hunting tomorrow if anything's left.

start at the pick n mix and work your way up
Quote by sofubar
Maplins? Everyone steals from Maplins.
Quote by smb
Maplins? Everyone steals from Maplins.

Not the one in Erdington they don't. My mate's dad went vigilante on a shoplifters ass once
I work in Woolworths, and it's not as bad as the news makes it seem. Some of the bigger stores will close, because they make little or no profit. The smaller stores however will all stay open, cause suprisingly they make the most. About 300 out of the 800 stores will close. Which is still sucky, but Woolies will live on.
I hope the piece of turd company dies, woolworths is terrible.
Quote by urbanfox
Not the one in Erdington they don't. My mate's dad went vigilante on a shoplifters ass once
Sodomy deters most criminals.

Anyhoo, I can't say I'm that shocked that Woolies are going bust, their prices weren't really competitive, did they really expect people to keep buying stuff off them when there's 10 other shops on the street trading 10-20% cheaper?

And since all I ever bought from them was Nutrageous bars and Asda sells those now, ta ta Woolies.
I heard that the government bailed them out because they want them to at least reach their 100th birthday which is in a year or something because they're part of English heritage or something =S.
50% off all stock at my nearest one....
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
My friend works at a Woolies, and his store is staying open.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by Rolling_man
I myself bought an Xbox 360 with extra bits, saving me £100 off the total price, to a cool £150...

Will you do me a favour and list everything you actually bought for 150? I planned on buying an xbox 360 after christmas but if I can do it all cheap... I may as well.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Will you do me a favour and list everything you actually bought for 150? I planned on buying an xbox 360 after christmas but if I can do it all cheap... I may as well.

+1

It'll mean diving into my savings account, but I can put it back when I have some money
Quote by urbanfox
+1

It'll mean diving into my savings account, but I can put it back when I have some money

Tbh... thank fook for my new overdraft

Although the card will be at my home... I'll just get my Mum to bring it to me.

That's right, we haven't got an immediately local Woolies ;__;
Quote by SteveHouse
I heard that the "mega discount" thing wasn't actually so good. Discounts of around 20-30% seems to be the going rate.

Apart from the pick n mix. Which I never really understood whether they expected you to pay for it...

On a more serious note, this represents thousands of job losses over the xmas period, while the government pours taxpayers billions into the bankers christmas bonuses.

People Not Profit, I say.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
for everyone:

Xbox 360 Premium, 60gb Hard drive, 2 wireless controllers, Battlefield Bad Company, Lego indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda. £149.49.

Bargain
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

Quote by Rolling_man
for everyone:

Xbox 360 Premium, 60gb Hard drive, 2 wireless controllers, Battlefield Bad Company, Lego indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda. £149.49.

Bargain

....win!

Is it a package? Like do you have to have those games? Not a fan of indian jones... and kung fu panda? Ehhhh

EDIT: I'm not just being awkward, I did try to check the site but it's apparently down for maintenance ^__^;;
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by Rolling_man
for everyone:

Bargain

Is this the same at all the branches - I'm not going to waste a journey into town to find it's still full price, am I?

Edit: Any options on the games?
Page 1 of 3