Not entirely sure what you're asking, but 10 year olds are never shining examples of great technique.

This man is the guy to go to for smooth picking.
Quote by Retro Rocker
Not entirely sure what you're asking, but 10 year olds are never shining examples of great technique.

This man is the guy to go to for smooth picking.

yeah I know they're not but I know this guy (who I may meet about once a year, so he can't show me for now) that does it exactly like that, and it sound's amazing.

Yes, I know Gilbert can shred, but look at the kids hand, it's rolled up so in one ball of smoothness and glides across the strings in a different way.
Gilberts picking technique is awesome but I wouldnt say its smooth. Gilbert has a pretty ferocious sounding pick attack. That Shawn Lane video is possibly the best example of smooth picking. As for a smooth sound or whatever..that has nothing to do with that kids hand being rolled up. Its too do with how hard you hit . If you are reffering to his hand looking smooth then basically play with a relaxed wrist.
Andy
Quote by Freepower
Read sticky, practice, practice, practice. That's just what picking should be like - relaxed, controlled, co-ordinated. (And what's the fuss about this kid?)

thnx freepower,

(so many buts) but the thing is that I can actually pick relaxed and controlled, its just this sort of motion that I'm interested in. oh well guess I gotta ask that guy who picks like this....
Look at his hand and move your hand in the same way. Thats how you will get the same motion. I bet if you ask this kid he has absolutely no idea how he moves his hand and its probably natural to him.Why are you interested in this motion anyway?Just because it looks good?
Andy