http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-V-Series-V18212-18W-2x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=487055

I don't have that big of a budget, being a poor college guy, and I am currently using a Fender G-DEC 50WATT. It is almost loud enough, but when I play in the basement with a bassist and drummer, I feel like I'm a little drowned out.

I generally play with a decently distorted tone. I try to shoot for a tone similar to The Used, Nirvana, Brand New, Bayside, stuff that sounds similar. They mostly use Marshalls...

I currently play an Epiphone G400, that I am looking to swap the pick-ups out of once I have a better amp!

My main concerns are that I am not making a down-grade in volume, and that my tone won't be way off what I'm looking for. It's worth mentioning that I would probably seek out a good distortion pedal to go along with it.
I have this amp and I love it. Absolutely love it. I'm not sure if it will be loud enough for you. If your Fender is solid state, tube amps are much louder than solid state- for instance I have the Crate V-18 212 and it's LOUD but I don't gig with it- I'm not sure if it would be loud enough for that. Someone else has to answer.

An 18 W tube amp = about a 50 W solid state I would imagine? Anyone?

For the price, though, you can't beat it, it's slammin.

BUY IT!
This amp should be plenty loud enough for you. If you gig, most places you mic your amp anyway. I'm not sure it will have enough distortion for you. You should play it first and see, I have to use a stompbox with mine to get the right amount of distortion.
I have this amp, it will be loud enough(possibly too loud). But without pedals it won't have enough drive, they are vintage voiced and as you turn them up they lose a lot of distortion in their natural tone.
So basically, it would be a good amp for me if I got a distortion pedal with it?
Also, I'm trying to find some video/audio of one so I can hear it, but I'm not finding any. If anybody knew of where I could find some on the web that would be great.
Quote by MoroneSaxatilis
I have this amp and I love it. Absolutely love it. I'm not sure if it will be loud enough for you. If your Fender is solid state, tube amps are much louder than solid state- for instance I have the Crate V-18 212 and it's LOUD but I don't gig with it- I'm not sure if it would be loud enough for that. Someone else has to answer.

An 18 W tube amp = about a 50 W solid state I would imagine? Anyone?

For the price, though, you can't beat it, it's slammin.

BUY IT!

18w you're pushing 100-150w SS.

When you gig you don't use a straight amp anyway. You either use the line in or mic it to a mixer and use the PA system. You mic the drums, the bass, the guitar, and the singer all into the mixing board. That way you can balance the sound and you don't get where one side of the stage hears the bass, the other side hears the guitar and no one hears the drums. So, the smaller the amp, the better. Remember you have to crank it, a marshall 100w is too big for a small gig.

Let me also point out that my 15w can't be turned up all the way or I drown out the drummer. They are louder than you think.
Quote by CoffeeCup

When you gig you don't use a straight amp anyway. You either use the line in or mic it to a mixer and use the PA system. You mic the drums, the bass, the guitar, and the singer all into the mixing board. That way you can balance the sound and you don't get where one side of the stage hears the bass, the other side hears the guitar and no one hears the drums. So, the smaller the amp, the better. Remember you have to crank it, a marshall 100w is too big for a small gig.

Let me also point out that my 15w can't be turned up all the way or I drown out the drummer. They are louder than you think.

Yeah, see, I don't gig. We just play in the basement and stuff and I'd like to have a nice tube amp instead of solid state.
Quote by NemX162
Yeah, see, I don't gig. We just play in the basement and stuff and I'd like to have a nice tube amp instead of solid state.

An 18w tube amp will be louder than a drum kit with room to spare.
Quote by CoffeeCup
An 18w tube amp will be louder than a drum kit with room to spare.

Good! As long as it isn't too quiet I'm good.
Quote by CoffeeCup

i'm pretty sure the relation of perceived to actual volume of Valve and Transistor amps, respectively, is: 2.5:1

so an 18 watt would sound as loud as a 45 watt SS amp.

i guess i could be mistaken, but i'll wait for an experienced electronics vet to chime in
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out